B.A.S.S. changes

mark poulson

B.A.S.S. changes

Post by mark poulson »

Why did it take the formation of the BPT to get B.A.S.S. to make the changes it has made?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
gixxer464

Re: B.A.S.S. changes

Post by gixxer464 »

Because BPT took all of their top-tier anglers. B.A.S.S made these changes in order to try and stay competitive and relevant. This is a perfect case of being reactive as opposed to proactive. I believe that B.A.S.S has been complacent and stagnate for a few years now. Larger fields, less pay outs, lack of angler input, T.V time, etc. Let’s face it, B.A.S.S only had one other competitor in the past with F.L.W. Now it appears that both these organizations may fall by the wayside. I am hopeful that there will be a place for B.A.S.S as well as FLW in the future, but this may be a prime example of “too little, too late”.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

In any industry it takes a major disruption for change to occur. In this case, it really was a perfect storm, but the change needed to occur for the pros IMHO. I am happy to see a new format that is challenging the norm and bringing more coverage in a fun and exciting made for viewership format. I mean i just discovered Zona Live and how cool is that we have 4 hours of streaming content of Zona and Zaldain ripping BIG OLE Bronzebacks.

I hope we don't see the downslide of FLW and BASS, FLW has been and continues to be the best chance at a WestCoast Angler breaking into the big leagues. And the Bassmaster Classic is a hallmark staple of our sport. Hopefully we will see an elevation and perhaps an influx of non endemic sponsor support.

IMHO we as West Coast Anglers should be supporting the organizations that support us and provide us with events that allow us to have fun or pursue our passions. For me that is currently Orgs such as WON Bass, FLW, BBT, Dans Delta Outdoors and I am sure there are many more along those lines that genuinely support the West or provide events that support the local fishing and surrounding communities.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Basssss

Post by Basssss »

MLF is long overdue...

As kids(actually our whole life) we all dream of getting to a Bassmaster classic and fishing against the top pros. But industry's must evolve or they will be left behind.

The truth is that it is extremely difficult to make a living as a professional bass fisherman... less than 10 percent actually make it and most west coast anglers that do succeed have to move out of state, to stay close to the action and get a more affordable living situation.

MLF has filled the void and it seems like the best of the best where ready to jump ship as soon as they could..

Support your local tournamentsand get ready for the future...