Time to re-carpet! Ranger...

Rick Perez

Time to re-carpet! Ranger...

Post by Rick Perez »

I have searched past posts but couldn't find what I was looking for! It's time to re-carpet the Ranger and was hoping someone can share locations I can call! I know some will say do it yourself it's cheaper but I'd rather have a shop do it!
thanks in advance
Rick
fresnoron

Re: Time to re-carpet! Ranger...

Post by fresnoron »

Not sure where you are located but Fresno has Graves Upholstery...done several cars for me and recarpeted my Ranger 519 about 6 mos ago for $1100. Labor and materials (marine grade carpet) They had it 4 days.
Attachments
2413ECD8-F617-4F15-A88C-309C30DF50CF.jpeg
D84F6AEA-CB07-4F00-B278-CFCF135021A0.jpeg
baitfish

Post by baitfish »

I'm interested in this as well. Orange County area. Thanks in advance.
Rick Perez

Post by Rick Perez »

Thank you Fresnoron!
I'm in the south San Jose area and I'm not opposed to drive for good quality work! Thank for the pics!
Fishfreq

Post by Fishfreq »

fresnoron wrote:Not sure where you are located but Fresno has Graves Upholstery...done several cars for me and recarpeted my Ranger 519 about 6 mos ago for $1100. Labor and materials (marine grade carpet) They had it 4 days.
THAT right there is a SMOKIN' DEAL! Wholesale labor via Sacto dealers is more than that! Looks great too Ron. That wasn't INCLUDING the carpet and glue was it??

For the OP, I'm a big fan of the heaviest weight snag-less (open loop) marine carpet you can find. Once upon a time I had a bass boat that used 24 oz carpet, for like one or two model years, and for the life of me, it WOULD NOT mat down AT ALL! Most bass boats, even Rangers, don't have 22 oz. That 24 oz looked brand new after years of abuse. I swear I'd shop high and low for that ultra-heavy weight carpet, ESPECIALLY if you're getting a great deal on labor like Ron. It wasn't like it was 'shag' or anything, still super short like all bass boat carpet, it was just so dense it couldn't mat down.

Also, my fave fave color is the darkest charcoal grey carpet, almost, but NOT black. It might be the #1 bass boat carpet color ever. It hides go-go juice stains and spills SO much better than lighter colors, there's no reason to get any other color, anyone else agree??
Fish ON!--------------<')))><

Fishfreq at gmail.com
YouTube: FishFreq, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb4mzl2QfT3AuE6aiUKA0Gw
https://www.instagram.com/fishfreq/
https://www.facebook.com/Fishfreq
Rick Perez

Post by Rick Perez »

Fishfreq great points! I also like the dark charcoal for those reason and I like the way that looks!
thanks...
jaime7819

Post by jaime7819 »

Gabes custom upholstery did mine.Excellent job overall. Atwater, Ca. Give them a call. 209 564 6203. If you google them, you'll see my red/gold ranger in the shop getting its carpet done.
fresnoron

Post by fresnoron »

Fishfreq...that is all in, labor and materials...snag proof marine carpet...included home made deck extension I built right where you step up from seating area...these guys do great work and very reasonable prices...about 4 years ago I took the seat in to be redone and needed it back by Friday nite for a tourney Sat....they didn’t get it done till about 6pm Friday so they brought it over to my place and installed it so I could make the tourney...they did my first car, a 55 Chevy Nomad in 1970 and many cars since....good guys
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Fishfreq wrote:
fresnoron wrote:Not sure where you are located but Fresno has Graves Upholstery...done several cars for me and recarpeted my Ranger 519 about 6 mos ago for $1100. Labor and materials (marine grade carpet) They had it 4 days.
THAT right there is a SMOKIN' DEAL! Wholesale labor via Sacto dealers is more than that! Looks great too Ron. That wasn't INCLUDING the carpet and glue was it??

For the OP, I'm a big fan of the heaviest weight snag-less (open loop) marine carpet you can find. Once upon a time I had a bass boat that used 24 oz carpet, for like one or two model years, and for the life of me, it WOULD NOT mat down AT ALL! Most bass boats, even Rangers, don't have 22 oz. That 24 oz looked brand new after years of abuse. I swear I'd shop high and low for that ultra-heavy weight carpet, ESPECIALLY if you're getting a great deal on labor like Ron. It wasn't like it was 'shag' or anything, still super short like all bass boat carpet, it was just so dense it couldn't mat down.

Also, my fave fave color is the darkest charcoal grey carpet, almost, but NOT black. It might be the #1 bass boat carpet color ever. It hides go-go juice stains and spills SO much better than lighter colors, there's no reason to get any other color, anyone else agree??
You bet that's a smokin deal. Back in the late nineties I had someone from Walnut Creek recarpet my 1984 16' Bayliner bass boat with some high quality carpet and it cost me $900 20 years ago.