Fishing McClure?

Fishin Andy

Fishing McClure?

Post by Fishin Andy »

Hey everybody, lookin to take the kickboat out to McClure. Never fished there, and I’m fairly limited to how much water I can cover, I’m thinkin horseshoe bend arm is a good place to start, any other suggestions? Thanks
not4un

Re: Fishing McClure?

Post by not4un »

Horeshoe bend,South ramp of Barrett's Cove, and even Mc Clure point are good to go out of. You also can drive all the way down to the end of Piney Creek Rd which runs of of HWY 132 and walk down to the lake from there. I have not done this myself but from what I have heard is it not that hard to get to the lake. If you wanted to fish the main lake water this would not be a good choice however since it is in a long cove way off the main body of water. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Nate
MKA

Post by MKA »

I would highly suggest either Barrett's South or McClure Point. Both ramps offer quick access to productive fishing areas that are protected from the main lake. Additionally, both ramps have ample parking and space for loading / unloading your gear. A great option would be launching out of Barrett's South and just fishing along the west bank headed south towards McClure point. Fish all the points and cuts and you are sure to hook up. Fish with light line and small baits for consistent action. I'd start with a dropshot rig on one rod and a bottom bait on the other. Fish slow and methodical for best results.
Fishin Andy

Post by Fishin Andy »

You guys are awesome thanks for the advice! :D

Post by 95340 »

Andy,
You didn't say when you are intending to go, but I may be headed out to McClure tomorrow ( friday ) if you are interested in riding along. I'm certainly no pro, and my boat isn't anything fancy, but happy to share the water and meet new people. Shoot me a text if its something you may be interested in....( 209) 261-3090 Jeff
Fishin Andy

Post by Fishin Andy »

95340 wrote:Andy,
You didn't say when you are intending to go, but I may be headed out to McClure tomorrow ( friday ) if you are interested in riding along. I'm certainly no pro, and my boat isn't anything fancy, but happy to share the water and meet new people. Shoot me a text if its something you may be interested in....( 209) 261-3090 Jeff
Hey thanks for the invite Jeff. I’d love to except I’ve got the standard Monday through Friday work schedule. HVAC Tech, so I’m limited to weekends. But I’ll be heading out Sunday with another kickboat buddy. Lemme know when you’re making a weekend trip and I’ll see what’s up, thanks again.