Buying rods online

Hookset5

Buying rods online

Post by Hookset5 »

Hey all, I learned my lesson. A couple rods I have I bought because they were a good price. Only to find out they are most uncomfortable and the wrong power/speed. It took awhile for me to learn that a Medium Heavy from one manufacturer can be a Heavy from another. Fast or extra fast tips are also manufacturer specific. With that said, how in the world do you buy a good rod if your local stores don't stock them? I see many Okuma's and Shimano's lower/medium end quality but if I wanted to feel a Kistler for example, where do I go?
medfish

Re: Buying rods online

Post by medfish »

I know it doesn’t help you out right now. But the ISE show in January is very good for just that. Many rod manufacturers are there. New product lines also.
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Why not return the rods or order the same rod manufacture you prefer using? I also recommend shopping at Tackle Warehouse or a local bass fishing store. Shopping at Bass Pro, Cabelas, Dicks, or even Fishermans Warehouse is a gamble and not specific to the sport, I wouldn't recommend the stores. Dobyns and Powell rods are the safest rods for anglers new to bass fishing.
MartinDeHaven

Post by MartinDeHaven »

If you are looking at getting your hands on a Kistler Rod, you will probably have to get in contact with a Kistler Team Member like myself. Most Tackle Shops do Not carry Kistler.
If you are truly interested in a Kistler Rod, message me on here or email me at mpdsrd@comcast.net and I can lead you in the right direction.
Thanks, Martin