Boca Bearing?

Bruce Theriot

Boca Bearing?

Post by Bruce Theriot »

Wanting to put ABEC #7 Boca bearings in my old Shimano Bantum 201/101s, Does anyone have the part # I need? Thanks
hydro

Re: Boca Bearing?

Post by hydro »

Do these Bantam reels have magnetic brakes or just centrifical?

The reason I ask is I put some of these bearings in an old real lacking magnetic braking and it was a backlash- fest so I went back to the stock bearings .
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Bruce Theriot wrote:Wanting to put ABEC #7 Boca bearings in my old Shimano Bantum 201/101s, Does anyone have the part # I need? Thanks
Contact Boca Bearings and ask them. They know which bearings fit which reels.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Give me a call I'd be happy to advise you on sizes. Bantam MGL has cintrifical braking, no magnets.

Dab Isaac
ReelEx
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

I would advise against it. As previous post said that reel can not handle that type of bearing effectively . In my opinion reels that have centrifugal and magnetic are better designed for that bearing. A properly working shimano bearing with TSI 321 oil Is all that reel needs and a full service. U would b wasting ur money and those bearing ain't cheap. They are available on eBay and all u need is type in model # of reel .abec 5 is what that reel was designed for. Good luck Chris aka AVG.JOE custom rods/reels
Custom rod builder/rod repair

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

I'm sorry but that reel will handle either bearing just fine. Whether it's needed is fully dependent on app and owners preference. The reel(s) will "handle" them just fine. Whether it's An ABEC 5 ABEC 7 or ABEC 9 most weekend anglers would be hard pressed to feel the difference in a modern performance reel, however, in an older model reel , especially if the bearing is a ceramic/hybrid, they can make a huge difference and IMHO well worth the investment for an owner that is going to keep the reel for a time. The bearing does not need to be a "branded" bearing to see improvement as branded bearings are again IMHO way over priced. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

Thanks for the input and info. Have a great Thanksgiving.