CALIFORNIA I HAVE TO AGREE

Phil

CALIFORNIA I HAVE TO AGREE

Post by Phil »

LIVE . PLAY STAY AND FISH. WHERE ELSE CAN I SIT HERE TALK TO YOU GUYS, IN 2 MINUTES BE ON THE WATER CATCHING SOME OF THE LARGEST BASS IN THE NATION, EATING SMOKED STEELHEAD THAT WERE CAUGHT A FEW DAYS BEFORE IN THE SAME STATE AND MAYBE IN A COUPLE HOURS GO FISH FOR SOME BIG STRIPPED BASS OR KOKANEE OR JUST GO SNOW SKIING FOR A COUPLE HOURS..

JIGS

CALIFORNIA, LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT
Love2Fish

Re: CALIFORNIA I HAVE TO AGREE

Post by Love2Fish »

Well I moved out of California back in January of 05 to Sprinfield MO got to got to the Tablerock BASS event see all the top pros and that was the only good thing.

I was part of the housing boom selling my house buying a new one in MO, but I will tell you there is no other state like CA.

I have been back since Oct of 05 and will never leave CA again.

The fishing in CA beats MO anyday.
OREGON SMALLIES

Re: Love to fish,hang in there!

Post by OREGON SMALLIES »

I grew up in Sprangfield! My parents still live about a five min walk from Bass Pro, just called them today. I lived in NoCal and used to fish with the Redwood Empire club Skeet used to belong to. Nothing is the same as being able to fish the great waters in CA year round. I'm in Oregon now and my truck license was $60 bucks for 2 years not $250 a year like Cali wanted, house payment the same. Like MO the pace is slower and you don't have to look over your shoulder at night when you go to the ATM machine! I drove down to the river yesterday about 15 mins away and hooked a couple of smallies so I know spring is coming and it is there also. Get into deer and turkey hunting, canoe trips for bass on the Buffalo river in Ark and just keep talking to locals you meet about stuff you want to try , try crappie fishing on the lakes north of you Truman and Pomme.Believe it or not, a lot of us get homesick for those places back there all the time so just hang in there. I bet we could find some old farm pond to sneak in and fish some night too!
OREGON SMALLIES

Re: Love to fish,hang in there part 2

Post by OREGON SMALLIES »

Sorry, was talking of the ways to adjust to Mo if you had stayed there. I guess I should also mention one of the things I'm looking forward to most this year is a trip back down to Clear Lake maybe two. After all like most of my buddies thats where my biggest bass came from. Actually you might catch her next, I just borrowed her for a tourney, and some pics.
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

How about 13 trips to my local lake (20 min. drive) in the last month & a half,and the worst day you have is a 22lb. 2oz. limit !,and the best day is a 36 lb. 11 oz. limit! with several high twenty & low 30 lb. limits in between ,all on a 1/2 oz. blk/blu jig ! & a 1/2 oz. chart/wht. blade ! talk about being in heaven !california bass'n at its best ..........
basshunter4u

Post by basshunter4u »

Ahh yes the great state of California. Where else can you go to the beach and then go to the snow in the same day. This is the best. Welcome to California now go home :D
never give up, be possitive and patient, and you will be rewarded