Camanche help

nate50

Camanche help

Post by nate50 »

I was out at Camanche on Sunday. The weather was brutal early but then cleared up and was a nice day. I’m not sure if the weather put the fish in a funk but I couldn’t find fish. I fished shallow and deep I would say 5-20ft I did pick up one main lake in about 30 ft.

Was anyone else out there recently? I’m not looking for anyone’s honey hole just some tips on what piece of the puzzle I’m missing.

Thanks for the help

Nate
Bruce Theriot

Re: Camanche help

Post by Bruce Theriot »

I'm by no means an expert on Camanche or any other lake however in my opinion I would say you were fishing to shallow for this time of year. I would say move out to 40'-60' and fish slow moving baits, jigs, C-rig or Texas rigs in those depth.
bustout

Post by bustout »

you did better than me!!!
Yesterday....I got blanked and fished 30-40ft most of the day drop shotting and texas
lake temp was 51 deg....
Andrew5414

Post by Andrew5414 »

bustout wrote:you did better than me!!!
Yesterday....I got blanked and fished 30-40ft most of the day drop shotting and texas
lake temp was 51 deg....
I notice fishing a 3/4 ounce football head hula grub green pumpkin or in smoke color with purple flake has been deadly there for me when it’s tough even when I can’t get them on a drop shot something about that bait works great up there. I don’t care what people say there’s still fish shallow and deep i have caught them as shallow as 5 feet there in the winter. Mainly like to fish 25 to 50 this time of year though. Good luck on next trip though and give it a shot
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

it was tough out on Berry yesterday too - fish pulled out deep and wanted a dead stick presentation. Post Front, Cold, full moon - enter your excuse here - but it can only get better :D
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/