Fishing Camanche during the storm

StanL

Fishing Camanche during the storm

Post by StanL »

lake camanche fishing report march.jpg
Couple of days ago, my buddy John and I went out during the storm trying to catch a big one on reaction baits,

I started throwing a swimbait and John started cranking. After a while with no action I picked up a Strike King PB&J 1/2 oz football jig. On my first cast, I caught a decent fish in about 18 feet of water. With only a few hours to fish John picked one up also and for the next three hours we had a awesome time. It always surprising to me how fast these fish move up on the right day. We concentrated in the main lake on banks that were windblown and had some deep water out in front of them

We went back The next day and the fish changed big time. The main lake got dirty from the rain and wind overnight and we ended up catching all of our fish up the River on breaks in 35 to 50 feet on 3/4 oz jigs.

The lake is starting to fall with only 1,347. (CFS) coming in and 2,397 (CFS ) going out.

I am going out today. We will see how it has changed again.

Good luck fishing
Attachments
fishing lake camanche report.jpg
Freefall

Re: Fishing Camanche during the storm

Post by Freefall »

Solid work!
Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life.

You've never lived until you've almost died and for those who have fought for it, life has a whole new flavor that the protected will never know....
nate50

Post by nate50 »

Nice fish. Why are they letting so much water out? I was there last week and the lake level is so low
steve black

Post by steve black »

Great fish Stan, Keep slinging and keep the pictures coming :D