Shane Peirson - looking for a "3-peat" in this year's Bass Pro Shops Open

AnglersPress

Shane Peirson - looking for a "3-peat" in this year's Bass Pro Shops Open

Post by AnglersPress »

ROCKLIN, Ca. - It is for sure that the only thing one can count on is that things will always change.

But for veteran bass angler Shane Peirson, back-to-back winner of the past two Bass Pro Shops Opens, that axiom is one he has put squarely in the back of his mind, as he looks for the legendary status he knows another victory will create should he pull out the win in this weekend’s annual Bass Pro Shops Open event being held on Folsom Lake.
Shane is all smiles as he and his dad dominated a tough field of anglers
Shane is all smiles as he and his dad dominated a tough field of anglers

“Although Folsom is a lake I know well, and I was fortunate enough to secure a win with two different partners, (his dad, Tom Peirson and good friend Russ Graves), I’m not looking past anyone in this field”, Shane noted in serious tones.

I know that most teams competing this weekend are quite familiar with Folsom lake, and know all of the productive areas and techniques that will be required to win, so the key will be for me and my partner (Russ Graves) to focus on the fish and not the competition”, he added.

Shane grew up fishing with his dad, and mentor Tom Peirson – an “A-list” veteran angler in his own right, and has used the knowledge gained over the years to secure many victories in Future Pro Tour (AOY, FPT Classic Champion), and Wild West Bass Trail competition, so the “winner’s circle” is something he is very familiar with.
Tom Peirson and Shane grace the winners circle at the 2017 Bass Pro Shops Open
Tom Peirson and Shane grace the winners circle at the 2017 Bass Pro Shops Open
A “Murderer’s Row” of competition

To be sure, this year’s competition will feature some of the best anglers in the west – both local and regional, anxious to draw “first blood”, and secure for themselves the coveted Bass Pro Shops Open crown.

Folsom Lake veterans such as Johnny Maes, Billy Hines, Ryan White, Marcel Colin, Chris Raza, Kent Brown, Nate Lemons, and Cory Fenske - just to name a few, will be in the mix and looking to crush any dreams Shane might have of a 3-peat performance, as they wish to claim for themselves a piece of glory and add their names to the short list of Bass Pro Shops Open champions.
Corey Fenske and Marcel Colin have experienced first-hand, the "agony of defeat" as they took 2nd in this BPS Open event
Corey Fenske and Marcel Colin have experienced first-hand, the "agony of defeat" as they took 2nd in this BPS Open event

Stay tuned everyone, this event is shaping up to be a “Clash of the Titans” …and one too close to call.

Angler’s Press Outdoors