Who fished over the Holiday weekend?

TravisH

Who fished over the Holiday weekend?

Post by TravisH »

Who all hit the water over the past couple days? With this heat I laid low thinking the water ways would be chaotic...
Attachments
F97E0D83-0678-44D9-AF45-AE4FA1C47044.jpeg
JF209

Re: Who fished over the Holiday weekend?

Post by JF209 »

I fished on Friday from first light to 2pm. Best day of the year for me, so far. Caught several 3 and 4 pounders on a variety of techniques on the main river as well as back water.
TravisH

Post by TravisH »

Nice! I had a good trip out last week also. Lots of like you said Solid 3-4lb class fish..
coyote268

Post by coyote268 »

Daughter Sandi came up as I live in Lakeport. We fished Saturday and Sunday and it was a zoo. Saturday we had a good day with around 15 in boat drop shotting north end with the best a 6.4 on a puff ball jig. Trying to get out of the water at 5th street was impossible so finally lucked out at third street. Sunday launched at state park and ran south and did good with smaller fish around Rattlesnake. Again mostly drop shotting. Sandi was on fire and had 3 over three but not quite four. Pulling out was easier at the park. A lot of nut cases out there and very rude boaters. Had to have a Danhatten Sunday night to calm down.
DBbass

Post by DBbass »

Fished around Discovery Bay on Friday and Monday. Caught a lot of fish, but nothing with any size. The highlights were watching the sheriff marine patrol pulling over multiple bad actors around the west entrance into Discovery Bay. Great people watching for sure. Very happy to have law enforcement out on the water.
JLew.fishnski

Post by JLew.fishnski »

I fished the river arm on Lake Tulloch on Sunday.
The circus had come to town, but the river is all 5mph, so didn't have any traffic to speak of. Caught a few smallmouth, and a couple spots. Colder water made for one of the better fishing days this year for me.
The trip back to load the boat reminded me of why I never fish these crazy holiday weekends.
sdavis24

Post by sdavis24 »

Saturday morning I caught 13 on grass flats along the main river, mostly topwater. Not much size, best was 3lbs.