Triton Owners Tourney Experience

michael

Triton Owners Tourney Experience

Post by michael »

I just wanted to jump on here and let everyone know about my first Triton Owners Tourney last weekend at Clear Lake and thank Kent Brown and his crew for a great event. The quality of this tournament caught me by surprise and I felt like it was worth sharing(which I don't do often). I've been fishing tournaments for a real long time and I've never seen a raffle like this. They had 2 Motorguide Trolling motors, a $4K dollar Lowrance HDS 16, four $500 Bass Pro gift cards, several $500 rain suits, more Duckett rods then I could count, more G force handles then I could count, free Optimax oil, tons of Lucas Oil Products., and way more than I can remember. Grand prize was a $10K gift cert towards a new Triton. Every boat won at least one prize! No purchase required, they simply drew your boat number to win. We also got a gift bag with tons of Strike King products and tackle that included quality stuff that we will actually use. On Saturday they gave us a free Steak Dinner at the banquet. All for a $250 all in entry. I do not own a Triton boat but got to fish with my good buddy Jesse who does own one (Thanks for the invite)! For the record I've never met Kent(until this weekend) and have no ties to any of the sponsors. I was just impressed and wanted to let you know that if you or a buddy have a Triton, you'll want to get in on this one next year! Congratulations to Paul and Seth on the Victory!

Mike Frederick
kb

Re: Triton Owners Tourney Experience

Post by kb »

Wow that is awesome thank you so much for the nice words and the great recap of the tournament. We really try to make this the best tournament you fish every year! See you next October 3-4 2020
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
RottenRyland

Re: Triton Owners Tourney Experience

Post by RottenRyland »

I agree. I’ve fished it every year since 2008. My dad’s first tournament experience was the Triton Tournament in 2010 and that event got him hooked on tournament fishing. He fished with me every year after that. There is some tough competition on Clear Lake but the tournament is low key and laid back. I think that’s largely due to the group of anglers that show up every year and that huge raffle. Everyone feels like they have a chance to win something even if they don’t catch a single fish during the tournament. I’ve been fortunate to win some nice raffle prizes over the years including a power pole, a Lowrance Carbon HDS12, Loomis rods, and Duckett rods. There were a couple of years where the fishing was pretty tough and I know some people were really frustrated. The number of participants have dwindled over the years. But the fishery is on the rebound and if you have a Triton or know someone who does you should fish this event. Kent Brown, the NorCal Weigh crew, and rest of the staff from Nixon’s Marine do a great job and make it a fun event.