MLF Announces 2020 Sched... What do you think?

WB Staff

MLF Announces 2020 Sched... What do you think?

Post by WB Staff »

MLF Announceds 2020 Sched... What do you think?

73240365_2774405655937161_2016175854832320512_n.jpg
Charles

Re: MLF Announces 2020 Sched... What do you think?

Post by Charles »

Just like BASS, nothing on the west coast. Disappointing but expected. I'm still not a fan of the dink fest. Weigh your best 5!

Just my .02

Charles
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

Dink fest on lakes thousands of miles away from me. . . Not very interesting.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
twocold

Post by twocold »

I guess the west coast has no good lakes. BS come to the dark side Luke
Fryle

Post by Fryle »

Looks awesome so long as they stay the hell away from the west coast hahaha. We have enough fishing pressure as it is!
kb

Post by kb »

The West Coast has some of the best bass lakes in the country we all know that they also have 0 chamber of commerce, sports commissions or cities that will pay anything to bring a bass tournament to their community and in fact several didn't pay the fees in the past when major events were brought so explain to me why any of the major circuits should drive past numerous locations that will support them in bringing an event to their community to come to the West where they won't? So easy for everyone to talk about how the West is getting overlooked but honestly the reason they aren't coming is the lack of support from the anglers, communities and people of the west sorry guys it is the truth.
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
Pat

Post by Pat »

I think it is a great schedule, should bring a lot of action and that makes for exciting TV and Internet coverage. I really enjoy watching and have learned from watching especially online.
WRB

Post by WRB »

kb wrote:The West Coast has some of the best bass lakes in the country we all know that they also have 0 chamber of commerce, sports commissions or cities that will pay anything to bring a bass tournament to their community and in fact several didn't pay the fees in the past when major events were brought so explain to me why any of the major circuits should drive past numerous locations that will support them in bringing an event to their community to come to the West where they won't? So easy for everyone to talk about how the West is getting overlooked but honestly the reason they aren't coming is the lack of support from the anglers, communities and people of the west sorry guys it is the truth.
KB, you are correct regarding traditional B.A.S.S./FLW events with vendor booths and live weigh ins, MLF doesn't rely on a live audience it's all about TV and sponsor revenue.
The west coast pro's in MLF now must travel east to compete just like they always had too. I thought MLF was going to have a few events west of the Rocky Mountains to accommodate west based pro's.
Tom
Bassfishman

Post by Bassfishman »

Happy DINK Fishing to the Major League Dink Fishermen.
Par

Post by Par »

KB You have a good point regarding fan participation on the west coast. But I think the MLF format fan base is more geared to television viewers. What I would like to see is a MLF east and MLF west. I think there are enough west coast pros to have a MLF west, and the sponsers would be reaching a ton of west coast anglers who may not be all that interested in east coast fisheries but would love to see the pros dissecting the Delta, Shasta, Beryessa, Clear Lake and other fisheries up and down the coast. And at the end of the year have a MLF “super bowl” fish of between the east and west. Just my 2cents.
Sponsored by Murph's Mule Barn
Double-G

Post by Double-G »

OK here I go, I'm jumping in on this one. As far as the schedule, it looks like they have chosen some awesome fisheries, and as far as the poor support from the West, KB is absolutely spot on.
There have been so many chances for all of our so called pros to jump in and compete but all we could hear were excuses about why they couldn't fish the events. Look If those guys had the chance to fish any of those pro events and haven't then they really shouldn't tell everyone how they were abandoned.
For example when Wild West Bass Trail came out they provided the opportunity for Western anglers to compete in affordable Pro/Am events. But in 2016,17 and 18 there were plenty of open positions in those fields.
And then in 2019 WWBT capped their events and all we could hear about was how they took away some Pro anglers chances to compete.
And as far as all those folks who talk about this being a dink fest, this simply isn't the case. Take a look at the lakes that are scheduled guys, these are on some big fish waters and those guys are going to catch em!
If people would look at the weights they would understand how it works, for instance last years 3rd round shotgun round was won by KJ had 82.04 lbs for 26 fish and his big fish was 6.02lbs, that was just to make it to the next round...Man I've been there and it's a pressure cooker having to beat that clock, trust me it's tough. Really these guys are fish catching machines and it shows!
Greg Gutierrez
Frenzy Baits