LSS1 module trouble

Moderator: Ken Sauret

hydro

LSS1 module trouble

Post by hydro »

I removed an HDS 8 and LSS1 + SS transducer unit from my last boat about a year ago and have had it on the shelf on my garage . Hooked everything up on my current boat and HDS 8 comes on but LSS1 unit isn't working
Found the 3 amp fuse blown and after replacing new fuse blew too but the HDS 8 is OK . Is the LSS1 module repairable thru Lowrance or is it toast?
Edd

Re: LSS1 module trouble

Post by Edd »

TOAST....well done. You may find another used one on eBay.
Have you checked all the wiring associated with the module? May be an easy fix for you.
Tony M

Post by Tony M »

There is a used one on this site.
Bassin916

Post by Bassin916 »

I have one i will part with still in boat.
hydro

Post by hydro »

Looks like I got a PM here regarding an LSS1 module for sale but didn't see it until after a bought a used unit on Ebay . I opened up my bad box (these things are sealed incredibly well) expecting to see burns on a circuit board inside but found none . The only thing I saw out of the ordinary a low profile metal shield covering some component on the board that wat touching some sort of heat sink material . There was a dent in this cover that matched the heat sink footprint . This unit fell off a bottom shelf and hit the garage floor from maybe a foot high . Guess that's all it takes ?
Electric motors

Post by Electric motors »

I had a similar problem with the lss-1. Each lss-1 port connection has a green light that remains on when the Ethernet connection from the port to the graph is good. In my case it turned out the Ethernet cable was bad. Replaced the Ethernet cable, green light is now on and everything works. Hope this helps.