1 Ton Jig*

WRB

1 Ton Jig*

Post by WRB »

* In memory of Cooch, Andy Cuccia, RIP
It's early cold water period and looking through my jig box are my dark brown I oz jigs and Cooch comes to mind, it's time to fish the 1 Ton jig with the barn red pork trailer on those deep breaks.
Tom
mark poulson

Re: 1 Ton Jig*

Post by mark poulson »

The Grey Wizard of the Delta. RIP.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

God I miss him. If it wasn't for the pro teen thing I never would have met Jared De fremery in 2015. He was a cute little kid with braces who was in his first ever tourney. I remember meeting him and his mom n dad in the parking lot at 4:00 AM. n saying Damn kid yu got better fishing rods than me. I guided him to a 9th place and a nice plaque. next year with complications battling cancer I drew him again n his skills had multiplied by means I couldn't even believe. He and I managed a fourth place that year and it was no stopping this kid. since then he's managed at least 1 state teen tourney championship and at least 1 state team teen championship and gone to the deep south to fish in the FLW sponsored events. I miss Andy n I jabbering across the water every time I would sneak into the tract n I would yell get of my water n he would yell damn bill yur outta yur element today. He knew well that I was a center n south delta fisherman back then. Today at the dinner table I will toast you. Goodbye till we meet up again my friend.
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

We all miss him, WesternBass wouldn't be what it was without him.

I pulled out the painted 1 ton football heads with a couple of his favorite terrain matching colors on Melonies last week.

Next week I'll take the S-20 jig we made together and start in on the Donkeys on Camanche.

Missed but not forgotten. Raider fan too...