Changes for C&C Marine

Moderators: MKA, Mike M, Caudawg, ash

WB Staff
Posts: 8549
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:56 am

Changes for C&C Marine

Postby WB Staff » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:22 pm

changes.jpg


Cand C Marine

TEMPORARY CHANGE IN BUSINESS HOURS:

Until further notice, C & C Marine will be temporarily changing our business hours to 9am-3pm, Tuesday-Saturday. CLOSED on Sunday-Monday.

This will begin Tuesday, March 24th, 2020. We are still accepting service appointments, and have plenty of parts and tackle available! Call us if you're looking for something in particular! We will still have the option of a "no contact" transaction, just call and let us know!

Stay safe everyone!

R73guide
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby R73guide » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 am

Thanks for helping slow the curve.
Seem to be choosing profit over customer and employee health.

C & C Marine
Posts: 305
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:10 pm
Location: Modesto, CA and Citrus Heights, CA
Contact:

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby C & C Marine » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:02 pm

R73guide wrote:Thanks for helping slow the curve.
Seem to be choosing profit over customer and employee health.


Thank you for your concern for our many customers and employees. I can assure you that we at C&C Marine are taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our communities by reducing the number of people we come into contact with. We have shortened our hours to the public, initiated the option of a "no contact" interaction with any person requesting one, are sanitizing/cleaning daily, among many other things. During this time we have chosen to keep our doors open to give our customers the chance and choice to continue doing one of the many things they love during this confusing time, fishing. We have given our employees the option to stay home if they choose, but as long as they want to work we won't take that option away. So please rest assured this isn't for "profit", but our way of not only supporting our local communities, but our employees and their families as well. Stay safe, and have fun on the water!

C&C Marine
http://www.teamccmarine.com

C & C Marine - Modesto
747 South 9th st
Modesto, CA 95351
209-526-4120

C & C Marine - Newcastle
9390 Old State Highway
Newcastle, CA 95658
916-729-0590

R73guide
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby R73guide » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:37 pm

“Not for profit”, your doors wouldn’t be open at all then.
Let’s say a customer comes in, initiates your “no contact” service. But while browsing the store picks up a pack of worms, then realizes it’s the wrong color and puts it back. That customer could potentially contaminate that pack of worms, only for some unsuspecting customer later to pick them and transfer the virus.

Personally I don’t think “limited hours” are helping. Shutting the doors as most all other dealerships/service centers are might be a better solution for your “many customers and employees”

MichaelB
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:48 am
Location: Modesto, CA

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby MichaelB » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:54 pm

R73: Your attacks on C&C Marine are really unwarranted. There are great people there, and I do business there often. For your information, as an outboard/marine repair shop they are considered by the Governors Orders as an "Essential Business" and are exempt from closure requirements. Their store which also sells parts is exempt for the same reasons. Home Depot is also open ....... why don't you go rag on them.

WB Staff
Posts: 8549
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby WB Staff » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:53 pm

Okay, lets think about this.

The majority of companies are in no win situations, regardless of their decision to continue biz as usual or not.

Some tourney orgs try to continue tournaments and get blasted for doing so, some cancel and get condemned for that call.

Some tackle stores closed voluntarily, as they weren't sure if they would qualify as "essential" and they have unhappy customers telling them other tackle stores stayed open and they should've too. Still other tackle stores stayed open and are getting negative comments about jeopardizing safety. Some were even closed by law enforcement.

For the most part, it is a no win situation where no matter what is decided, some part of public opinion is going to disagree and then that's what is great about America. We get the freedom to choose, to have an opinion and even voice it (hopefully in a respectful way).

On the same note, for the most part, we are all trying to do the best we can do in the most uncertain, unprecedented situation that we have experienced in our lifetime.

Let's realize, we may not agree and we can visit an open location or not, depending on what we decide for ourself, but let's not condemn either way that a company decides to go.

#WishinWeWereFishin

Andrew5414
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:36 pm

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby Andrew5414 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:10 am

If I were you I would worry more about going to your local grocery store, pretty sure off all the places to contract it c and c would be the very last place.
The store is very clean on top of the extra sanitizing for the situation. Thank you c and c for staying open for the anglers who need and appreciate you guys being open.

R73guide
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby R73guide » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:42 am

Not for profit
Attachments
22E4E4B4-615D-4FBD-9EED-170AAA037279.jpeg

JL
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 am

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby JL » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:27 am

R73guide wrote:Not for profit

R73, We all need to eat! What is the problem with them offering a service discount?

gixxer464
Posts: 223
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:51 am

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby gixxer464 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:30 am

R73guide wrote:Not for profit


So you want them to do it for free? GTFOOH.

jiggin4bass
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby jiggin4bass » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:05 am

R73 You'll get over it.
Lefty's Lure Company
Custom Handcrafted Jigs
Home Of The Puffball jig
New Silicone Puffball jigs
New Puffball blade baits
Since 1977
Favorite Lakes
Eastman & Hensley Lakes

User avatar
Mitch
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:33 am
Location: Fresno, Ca

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby Mitch » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:01 am

[quote="R73guide"]“Not for profit”


You apparently have never owned a business !! There's a HUGE difference in "Not For Profit" and "FREE" !! I applaud C&C for their effort to stay in business by offering work/service/products at a discount that more than likely just covers the cost of the work/service/products along with the cost of just keeping the doors open !! It's called "OVERHEAD !! If they were to give it to you FREE, then they would LOOSE money !! Good job C&C !! My boat was purchased there in 2002, and if I lived closer they would get all my service work done there too !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs-Robo Worms

BigBassDaddy1190
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 am

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby BigBassDaddy1190 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:26 pm

Mitch wrote:
R73guide wrote:“Not for profit”


You apparently have never owned a business !! There's a HUGE difference in "Not For Profit" and "FREE" !! I applaud C&C for their effort to stay in business by offering work/service/products at a discount that more than likely just covers the cost of the work/service/products along with the cost of just keeping the doors open !! It's called "OVERHEAD !! If they were to give it to you FREE, then they would LOOSE money !! Good job C&C !! My boat was purchased there in 2002, and if I lived closer they would get all my service work done there too !!


I was with you until “loose”.

User avatar
JoeLanghans
Posts: 301
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:47 pm

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby JoeLanghans » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:34 pm

BigBassDaddy1190 wrote:
Mitch wrote:
R73guide wrote:“Not for profit”


You apparently have never owned a business !! There's a HUGE difference in "Not For Profit" and "FREE" !! I applaud C&C for their effort to stay in business by offering work/service/products at a discount that more than likely just covers the cost of the work/service/products along with the cost of just keeping the doors open !! It's called "OVERHEAD !! If they were to give it to you FREE, then they would LOOSE money !! Good job C&C !! My boat was purchased there in 2002, and if I lived closer they would get all my service work done there too !!


I was with you until “loose”.

:lol:

ILW
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby ILW » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:18 pm

C&C offering a service at a discount when money is tight for most and business is slow due to shutdowns. Good for them.
It is very different than the stores that have jacked up their prices on what is supposed to be essential food items or toilet paper and are price gouging their customers at the same time of need when money is tight for most. I paid $38 dollar for one pack of paper towels and one pack of toilet paper at a chain retailer we all know. Thanks to the mom and pops in the world like C&C that are trying to work for their customer and their employees and their own business instead of trying to gouge their customers because they can.

Jeff C.
Posts: 535
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 12:03 pm

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby Jeff C. » Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:42 am

ILW wrote:C&C offering a service at a discount when money is tight for most and business is slow due to shutdowns. Good for them.
It is very different than the stores that have jacked up their prices on what is supposed to be essential food items or toilet paper and are price gouging their customers at the same time of need when money is tight for most. I paid $38 dollar for one pack of paper towels and one pack of toilet paper at a chain retailer we all know. Thanks to the mom and pops in the world like C&C that are trying to work for their customer and their employees and their own business instead of trying to gouge their customers because they can.


ILW you should report the store that sold you the $38 pack of paper towels. Price gouging is illegal in CA. Here is a link you can report it to the state attorney general:

https://oag.ca.gov/consumers/pricegougi ... gdisasters

User avatar
Mitch
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:33 am
Location: Fresno, Ca

Re: Changes for C&C Marine

Postby Mitch » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:33 am

BigBassDaddy1190 wrote:
Mitch wrote:
R73guide wrote:“Not for profit”


You apparently have never owned a business !! There's a HUGE difference in "Not For Profit" and "FREE" !! I applaud C&C for their effort to stay in business by offering work/service/products at a discount that more than likely just covers the cost of the work/service/products along with the cost of just keeping the doors open !! It's called "OVERHEAD !! If they were to give it to you FREE, then they would LOOSE money !! Good job C&C !! My boat was purchased there in 2002, and if I lived closer they would get all my service work done there too !!


I was with you until “loose”.



LOL !! Damn finger stutter !! How about "Lose" ???
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs-Robo Worms


Return to “Fishing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Javelin Jim and 19 guests