Hazardous Boat Ramp

Fidlplr

Hazardous Boat Ramp

Post by Fidlplr »

Just want to let everyone know that the boat ramp at Tiki Lagoon is in bad shape. I launched my boat there on Friday. As my buddy tried to pull me out of the water my trailer got hung up in a huge crack with a steel bar. Bent my crossmember all up, bent my bunker board brackets which caused my bolts to rip out of my bunker boards. Talked to the Harbor Master ( at least I tried to ). He was VERY rude and hostile on the phone.
Hung up on me. Anyways....... I would advise everyone to use extreme caution there. Just a heads up!!!!
fastfiat

Re: Hazardous Boat Ramp

Post by fastfiat »

Used to be if you stayed on the left side of the ramp it was better but the lousy road and ramp has had me launching at Whisky instead of Tiki. A bit pricey ($15.00) but easier on equipment. Low tide at Whisky is not great ether but better than Tiki.
bustout

Post by bustout »

I remember a Christmas Eve coming in around 10pm...after drifting live bait for stripersp, my axle got hung up on the drop. Tied up boat to dock and dragged trailer up and out of way.
I came back around 8am and was helped by harbor master. Nice enough to weld axle bracket so I I could get home. Best Xmas gift ever!!!!
Fidlplr

Post by Fidlplr »

Sounds like they need that Harbor Master back.
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I jacked up my prop on Tiki ramp
Fidlplr

Post by Fidlplr »

Well you got lucky if that’s all you did. Don’t get me wrong a prop getting damaged is terrible.
Jwbassin505

Post by Jwbassin505 »

That ramp is horrible and getting worse