the IMA 1/4oz frog

Rod Martin

the IMA 1/4oz frog

Post by Rod Martin »

What rod and line setup do you guys throw that on.

Thanks
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
WB Staff

Re: the IMA 1/4oz frog

Post by WB Staff »

Randy Pringle checked in with this info:

It's a great frog to throw in open water in and around pockets with 15 pound test mono Big Game,
If I'm going to throw it in heavy cover (due to it being small) I'm going to throw 30 to 40 LB braid,
The smaller braid helps the bait move side to side better.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Thanks for the reply.
I was hoping someone would chime in with what power rod for it .

I'm not good with skipping so I use a medium and a MH spinning rod to skip under docks , was thinking this little frog would work great on the MH rod with 30lb braid both under docks and around cover.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Rod Martin wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I'm not good with skipping so I use a medium and a MH spinning rod to skip under docks , was thinking this little frog would work great on the MH rod with 30lb braid both under docks and around cover.
Im not too familiar with that frog, but i would think a MH would be the lightest i would throw a frog on as you want that backbone to drive the hooks in and turn them out of the cover. I used to fish the old scum frogs and snagproofs on a MH with Big Game up around the trees in Cachuma and Margarita no issues.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

ash wrote:
Rod Martin wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Im not too familiar with that frog, but i would think a MH would be the lightest i would throw a frog on as you want that backbone to drive the hooks in and turn them out of the cover. I used to fish the old scum frogs and snagproofs on a MH with Big Game up around the trees in Cachuma and Margarita no issues.
Thanks Ash

I throw all my other frogs on a regular frog rod, But with this being a 1/4oz frog and in its description it say with spinning gear I was wondering.

Also looking to see what size hook it has in it, kinda small for a standard frog hook