Starting battery

RA8R55

Starting battery

Post by RA8R55 »

Hey folk, I’m In the market for a new starting battery. It’s going on a 60hp Mercury 350 cca (750mca) are recommended. It’s gonna run two 7in Elite TI Lowrance units and I’m going to start fishing tournaments this fall. So the live well will be running.
Want something that’s not gonna leave be stranded on the water. Been there already. I would appreciate any info.
JoeLanghans

Re: Starting battery

Post by JoeLanghans »

Any group 27 cranking battery will work. Always carry a small portable jumper if don’t have a jump switch, just in case.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

i switched over to Blue top Optimum for my cranking battery and it never had an issue. As stated a group 27, i recommend a gel battery like the Optimum or for a really good deal you can get the Duracell at Walmart / Sams club. I think i paid 150-160 for the duracell group 27 gel battery.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

I got a battery switch instead of a jumper system it allows you to combine the trolling and the starting batteries in several ways that allow you to switch which battery runs live wells and starting the motor. Best change I have ever made to my boat . Look at one as you up grade your batteries for tournaments
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:I got a battery switch instead of a jumper system it allows you to combine the trolling and the starting batteries in several ways that allow you to switch which battery runs live wells and starting the motor. Best change I have ever made to my boat . Look at one as you up grade your batteries for tournaments
Rod, where did you get that switch?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
JoeLanghans

Post by JoeLanghans »

Mark, you can buy the switch at any marine store/shop or boat dealer. Its a red switch that you mount in the battery compartment to control your battery power output or jump your main using the tm batteries.
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

mark poulson wrote:
Rod Martin wrote:I got a battery switch instead of a jumper system it allows you to combine the trolling and the starting batteries in several ways that allow you to switch which battery runs live wells and starting the motor. Best change I have ever made to my boat . Look at one as you up grade your batteries for tournaments

I just told my dealer while it was in for annual PRESTO it was on :D

similar to this one.https://www.lowes.com/pd/Blue-Sea-Syste ... lsrc=aw.ds
Bassfishman

Post by Bassfishman »

Go big. Walmart EverStart Maxx Marine Battery 29DC. Excellent cranking power and deep cycle. 1 year warranty. I get 4 years easy out of these on my boat with a 200HP and 2 graphs. $100 out the door. If you dont have the room for the 29DC then get the 27DC. Its the best value for the price.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
So, does that let you "jump" the starting battery with the TM batteries?

CLEAN AND DRY
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

mark poulson wrote:
Rod Martin wrote:
mark poulson wrote: Rod, where did you get that switch?

And YES you flip the switch and that is same as jump start AND allows you to leave it that way to keep live wells running rest of the day. I connects one of your TM batteries to start battery. I have a 36 volt TM with 3 batteries so I lose a little power to TM but not enough to tell
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rod Martin wrote:
mark poulson wrote:
Rod Martin wrote:

And YES you flip the switch and that is same as jump start AND allows you to leave it that way to keep live wells running rest of the day. I connects one of your TM batteries to start battery. I have a 36 volt TM with 3 batteries so I lose a little power to TM but not enough to tell
Thanks.
CLEAN AND DRY