Oroville opening?

Grant

Oroville opening?

Post by Grant »

Has anyone heard anything on when Oroville will open back up to boats? I have seen just about every other lake mentioned in one post or another but not Oroville. Does anyone know anything?
Charles

Re: Oroville opening?

Post by Charles »

Gavin holds all of the state parks in his control. It's up to the chief dictator to open them. I'm guessing June UGH!
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Newsome will most likely keep state run lakes and Army Corp of engineer lakes closed until after the holidays over. I talk with the rangers at both Eastman and Hensley lakes maybe sometime in june with a round about way of answering the question about opening.
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Lime Saddle reported this

We have had no word from the state about opening this weekend. This means we will not be open and so far the park is still closed.

In the mean time the marina is gearing up with protective equipment and other preventative measures to be in compliance with the phase 2 guidelines.

Some things to consider when you come :

To keep social distancing we will be limiting shuttle trips to 2 parties (houseboats) per trip. Mooring customers will have priority over guests, meaning if you invite friends to come out they may have to wait for several trips while customers are taken to their boat. If you can come pick them up it would be best.

It is also likely the store will not be fully open for the first couple of weeks. We will pump gas, do pump - outs and probably sell ice.