Late Night Visitor & Clear Lake Follow Up

clum553946

Late Night Visitor & Clear Lake Follow Up

Post by clum553946 »

So, I was fishing last night at Clear Lake by myself when I heard a strange noise in the back of the boat. Knowing there isn’t supposed to be anything back there, it startled The heck out of me. Turns out an otter came on board to say hi! Lol! He was totally calm, waited for me to get my phone out of the box, take a pic, then ambled off! He may have wanted some Red Bull!

By the way fishing was good again last night. Totally a jig bite as they were off of the blades (& everything else.) Managed 21 fish, best was 5 lb 11 oz with the best five going 25 lb 9 oz. The size overall was better, I caught 3 over 5 & a lot of 4’s & only 2 or 3 dinks. They’re up tight & stacked in one place & are absent from another. I started at 9pm & came off at 3am as I was tired but could have put more fish in the boat if I stayed later! It was a very interesting & entertaining evening!

65AD509D-BB92-4CCB-B815-8D250679488B.png
Last edited by clum553946 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mark-C

Re: Late Night Visitor & Clear Lake Follow Up

Post by Mark-C »

That's awesome, I guess he didn't feel threatened. Thanks for the reports
squidbefsh

Post by squidbefsh »

Hey Chris . He thought you would go take him to Lum lum's. I see you tearing it up at CL. Keep tearing it up. Brian AKA Flying Basscat.
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

squidbefsh wrote:Hey Chris . He thought you would go take him to Lum lum's. I see you tearing it up at CL. Keep tearing it up. Brian AKA Flying Basscat.
He said he wanted some Firecracker Prawns & a Long Island Iced Tea!
Larry Hemphill

Post by Larry Hemphill »

Sure glad I don't night fish in the areas you do! Dangerous out there!!!
Bsapp206

Post by Bsapp206 »

I’ve nite fished Clearlake as much as anybody over the last 15 years and I’ve never seen or heard of that happening. It’s starting to get into that time of year where it can be epic. Cool pic! Larry where u been hiding at?