Harvey Pulliam Earns Close Delta WWBT Win... Here's How

WB Staff

Harvey Pulliam Earns Close Delta WWBT Win... Here's How

Post by WB Staff »

Harvey Pulliam wins the Dellta.jpg
OAKLEY, Calif. — Harvey Pulliam ended his Major League Baseball career in 1996, but the upbeat pro from San Francisco beat the tag at home by an eyelash with a 3-day total of 66.94 pounds that topped the Wild West Bass Trail Duel on the Delta presented by Garmin Fish & Hunt.

After leading Day 1 with 27.29 — the tournament’s heaviest bag — Pulliam added 20.99 a day later and slipped to second. In the final round, he posted a limit of 18.66 and slipped past Day-2 leader Logan Huntze by a margin of .02. Notching his first Pro-Am victory, Pulliam earned a $25,000 first-place award.

“First of all, the key to my success was God,” Pulliam said. “At the end of the day, when the Lord blesses you and it’s your time, nobody can take that away from you.

“Logan’s a great fisherman; he had a great day, as well. I want to show him a lot of love.”

Day 3 saw Pulliam return to the same stretch of central Delta bank where a rock/tule mix provided a handy setup for bed fish, as well as staging prespawners. The big winds of Day 1 left his spot muddy on Day 2, but he was able to amass a competitive limit. Today brought a more challenging situation.

“Water skiers started coming by and they made it tough,” Pulliam said of the stirred water he fished. “I only got three bites on my main spot and I had to make some adjustments and make a few runs (to similar habitat) to get my limit.”

Pulliam caught his initial limit by flipping a Reaction Innovations Sweet Beaver in the Bloody Mary color, a wacky-rigged black/blue 6-inch Yamamoto Senko, a Yamamoto Flappin Hog in green pumpkin red and a dropshot with a 6-inch Roboworm in Aaron’s Magic.

Full story: https://wildwestbasstrail.com/pulliam-e ... delta-win/
gabuelhaj

Re: Harvey Pulliam Earns Close Delta WWBT Win... Here's How

Post by gabuelhaj »

Congrats on the win! Must have been a nail biter....

Continued success and good luck! 8)
Glenn Abuelhaj
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Congrats!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

That margin of victory, if my math is correct, is .32 ounces.
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
MT

Post by MT »

Yep. Or 9.072 grams if you're into the metric system.