Gen 1 Talon Repair?

Mark-C

Gen 1 Talon Repair?

Post by Mark-C »

I have 2 Gen 1 Talons that have always worked well. Last trip one of the cables jumped off the wrap drum while it was retracting. The Minn Kota Authorized Service Centers near Sacramento won't work on them and Minn Kota is no longer allowing mail in repairs. Anyone know of a place near Sac that can fix a generation 1 Talon?
Mitch

Re: Gen 1 Talon Repair?

Post by Mitch »

Take it to a Minncota ASC

SUNNY'S ELECTRIC MARINE - (ASC)
4435 GANDY WAY
SACRAMENTO, CA 95815
916-487-3868
TU-F: 10-5

FISHERMAN'S WAREHOUSE - (ASD)
9035 FOLSOM BOULEVARD
SACRAMENTO, CA 95826
916-362-1200
M-SA: 10-6; SU: 10-4
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

Thanks Mitch but Fisherman's Warehouse doesn't service Talon's. Neither does Gone Fishin Marine which is the other Minn Kota ASC in the area. The ASC in Stockton has never done one before and Sunny is not accepting the Gen 1 Talons. Like I said, Minn Kota will no longer allow us to mail in a unit for repair. Minn Kota says they don't even have the special tools to sell me so I could attempt to fix it myself.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

The Hook, Line, and Sinker, in Oakley, are a Minn Kota authorized service center. Try calling their technician, Ed Romo, at (925) 550-8617, and asking him.

Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

Thanks Mark, appreciate the help. I somehow missed that HLS was an ASC. I will check it out.
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

mark poulson wrote:The Hook, Line, and Sinker, in Oakley, are a Minn Kota authorized service center. Try calling their technician, Ed Romo, at (925) 550-8617, and asking him.
Well super nice guy but lucky for him he just retired!!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Mark-C wrote:
mark poulson wrote:The Hook, Line, and Sinker, in Oakley, are a Minn Kota authorized service center. Try calling their technician, Ed Romo, at (925) 550-8617, and asking him.
Well super nice guy but lucky for him he just retired!!
Sorry to hear that, both for your problem, and because I relied on Ed for TM service.
But I'm happy for him. I hope he enjoys his retirement this time (it's not his first).
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Mark-C

Post by Mark-C »

I have been wondering how anyone is supposed to get service on a brand new Talon around here anymore. Only one guy will even consider working on them and that is not a given. Might have to switch to Power Poles.