Have you called Ranger Boats lately?

Moderators: MKA, Caudawg

AnglersPursuit

Have you called Ranger Boats lately?

Postby AnglersPursuit » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:39 am

They went from one of the best in the business to using White River as an answering service. "Leave a message and we'll get back to you maybe in 5-10 days".

Too funny. When you're right, you're right.

185vsfrog

Re: Have you called Ranger Boats lately?

Postby 185vsfrog » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:43 am

I ordered a set of livewell lids in January for my 14’ 520c. Now April and no lids. Called last week to check the status. Was advised someone would call or email me back with update, no response. Tried calling Rangers main line last week, number was disconnected. I have the number for Parts Delt, but no one answers. Yeah you are right. Things have gone down hill for sure. Hoping I will get my lids here someday.

AnglersPursuit

Postby AnglersPursuit » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:58 am

185vsfrog wrote:I ordered a set of livewell lids in January for my 14’ 520c. Now April and no lids. Called last week to check the status. Was advised someone would call or email me back with update, no response. Tried calling Rangers main line last week, number was disconnected. I have the number for Parts Delt, but no one answers. Yeah you are right. Things have gone down hill for sure. Hoping I will get my lids here someday.

Nobody answers that number. I knew something was up when calling the direct number for the warranty guy I would talk to and it said "thank you for calling White River security desk". haha.

I should write an article on how I was treated after buying my boat. The extent I had to go to get things right and the absolute attitude I received from everyone involved in the process just to see them using White River as an answering service a couple years later.

JPFish

Postby JPFish » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:10 am

White River Marine Group (owned by Bass Pro Shops) manufactures and distributes boats under brand names Ranger, Nitro, Triton, Tracker, Tahoe, Mako, Regency and Ascend.

Bass Pro Group bought Fishing Holdings LLC in 2014. Fishing Holdings LLC was the parent company of Ranger, Triton Boats and Stratos Boats.

Not too surprising you get White River answering service when calling Ranger boats.

RJB

Postby RJB » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 am

Not surprising, I’ve heard that everything has gone to hell since Basspro bought up everything.

Champion Jon

Postby Champion Jon » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:06 pm

That’s too bad. I would expect more from a top of the line boat company.
One of the reasons I went with Basscat. They are very easy to reach out to. Online and on the phone, they answer questions. Even for guys like me with a 14 year old boat.

Wormin

Postby Wormin » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:11 pm

KB incoming in 5-4-3-2-

jiggin4bass

Postby jiggin4bass » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:13 pm

Dam I better not call Monark bassboats then they may put me on hold.
Lefty's Lure Company
Custom Handcrafted Jigs
Home Of The Puffball jig
New Silicone Puffball jigs
New Puffball blade baits
Since 1977
Favorite Lakes
Eastman & Hensley Lakes

AnglersPursuit

Postby AnglersPursuit » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:49 pm

Champion Jon wrote:That’s too bad. I would expect more from a top of the line boat company.
One of the reasons I went with Basscat. They are very easy to reach out to. Online and on the phone, they answer questions. Even for guys like me with a 14 year old boat.

Sadly, that's all I've been trying to do. Asking them to stand behind their brand was too much already so instead of waste my time going that route the question was simple "what is the textured paint you used that is bubbling all over the deck 3 years after buying new". Shoot, I may have even asked to speak to someone about best way to remove said bubbles. The horror of such a call. "He wants to ask us a question? THE AUDACITY!". :D

"Leave a message and someone will get back to you in 5-10 days.....hopefully".

AnglersPursuit

Postby AnglersPursuit » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:53 pm

JPFish wrote:White River Marine Group (owned by Bass Pro Shops) manufactures and distributes boats under brand names Ranger, Nitro, Triton, Tracker, Tahoe, Mako, Regency and Ascend.

Bass Pro Group bought Fishing Holdings LLC in 2014. Fishing Holdings LLC was the parent company of Ranger, Triton Boats and Stratos Boats.

Not too surprising you get White River answering service when calling Ranger boats.

2015 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2016 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2017 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2018 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2019 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2020 - Thank you for calling Ranger
2021 - Thank you for calling White River, leave a message with our answering service and someone may call you back in 5-10 days.

birdman920

Postby birdman920 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:42 pm

Phoenix & Basscat have the best customer support in the industry !...

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:03 pm

Not defending their responsiveness ...... but for a 3 year old boat, have you contacted the Dealer where you bought it new ?

kb

Postby kb » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:53 pm

I cannot contact someone using their WB.com handle so Anglers Pursuit if you would like to pm a name and number or email address I can try to help you get in touch with the correct person that can help you with your boat.

Kent Brown
California Regional Sales Manager
White River Marine
Ultimate Bass Radio the West's only all bass fishing radio show!

Rick G

Postby Rick G » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:40 am

No reason to call Ranger directly as a consumer whatsoever. Call your dealer and they can get you TCO. That's how they make a living. And NO the parts are no cheaper direct from the factory, they are the same as you will pay for at your dealer. When you need a part for your Chevy truck do you call the plant in Detroit? Call your dealer and if you have a used Ranger that did not come thru a dealer my suggestion is make a relationship with your local dealer anyway. Sorry for being blunt but it is what it is and as a dealer we have no issue getting thru to anyone in any department. Rick G
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3

AnglersPursuit

Postby AnglersPursuit » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:05 am

MichaelB wrote:Not defending their responsiveness ...... but for a 3 year old boat, have you contacted the Dealer where you bought it new ?

Fixing the boat myself has been way more effective.
Last edited by AnglersPursuit on Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnglersPursuit

Postby AnglersPursuit » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:18 am

Rick G wrote:No reason to call Ranger directly as a consumer whatsoever. Call your dealer and they can get you TCO. That's how they make a living. And NO the parts are no cheaper direct from the factory, they are the same as you will pay for at your dealer. When you need a part for your Chevy truck do you call the plant in Detroit? Call your dealer and if you have a used Ranger that did not come thru a dealer my suggestion is make a relationship with your local dealer anyway. Sorry for being blunt but it is what it is and as a dealer we have no issue getting thru to anyone in any department. Rick G

There's some assumptions here which is cool, you don't know the history. I do it myself. Which has been cool since outside of the motor I'm damn near a boat tech. 8)

*Point of this post wasn't to bring up old history. Just wanted to point out that when you experience a long time established brand do a 180* on their marketing and promises, it's usually a sign. Looking back, they had probably already checked out knowing where the brand was heading.

DanIsaac

Postby DanIsaac » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:30 pm

Actually I have. It took 2 weeks to get through and 4 weeks to get the fuel gauge ordered., and now I have to try oncemore for a sending unit. Typically I do not usually comment negatively regarding mfgs. However, what White Water River Group has done to Ranger Boats speaks for itself, and yes, IMHO they are intentionally attempting to drive consumers to their dealerships, and want nothing to do with consumer direct support.

Problem is, few dealerships can handle the added burden. Few can, more cannot and follow through is rare. Again, IMHO.

Personally, after owning Ranger Boats exclusively for nearly 40 years now, I will never buy another. Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com

Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:48 pm

This is the exact reason I switched to Phoenix after being a loyal Ranger owner for 25+ years. Phoenix answers the phone first try and has sent me a couple parts that I needed withOut charge. They definitely stand behind their boats. It a shame what Ranger has become.
OG on WB since 1993

185vsfrog

Postby 185vsfrog » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:23 pm

Update. Checked my Amex and Ranger charged me in January to make my livewell lids. It’s now April and still no lids. Called Ranger two times. Got the answering service for Ranger. Main number is disconnected. Parts number is the only number to get through, but only the answering service. They advised someone will call me back but so far one week no call back. Hope this gets better as I’m not trying to be like Mike and buy a brand new Phoenix! Just want my livewell lids and to keep fishing. Kent Brown chime in please.....

Baseball

Postby Baseball » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:02 pm

Funny and just my luck. Called Ranger yesterday to order new live well lids. Got a receptionist saying that the parts department was busy building boats and will get back to me soon. I guess I’m screwed. Should I call a Ranger dealer?

mark poulson

Postby mark poulson » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:07 pm

Baseball wrote:Funny and just my luck. Called Ranger yesterday to order new live well lids. Got a receptionist saying that the parts department was busy building boats and will get back to me soon. I guess I’m screwed. Should I call a Ranger dealer?

Yes.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY

kb

Postby kb » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:26 pm

185Frog I sent you a pm

Kent Brown
Ultimate Bass Radio the West's only all bass fishing radio show!

185vsfrog

Postby 185vsfrog » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:59 am

Hey guys. Spoke to KB. He was able to get some insight on my lids. They are getting built, just taking some time. I appreciate you getting back to me Kent and helping!

TonyL

Postby TonyL » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:52 am

FYI, I dealt with Ranger parts extensively back in Dec/January for over a months time ( restoring son's 99 461 ), I ordered a lot of parts, had to go back/forth as I had to confirm measurements of locker lids, trailer fenders, etc. I found that calling first thing in the morning really helped. Start calling at 05:30 - 06:00 a.m. our time. I think they start at 07:30 their time ?? I'd call 1-3 times every 5- 10 minutes and get an answer, if not, repeat next morning, would get through. If I started calling later in morning no luck getting picked up and return calls took a long time !
~ Tony

Return to “Fishing”