SonicHub 2 Power Issues

Moderator: Ken Sauret

Mestmaker

SonicHub 2 Power Issues

Post by Mestmaker »

Has anyone had any trouble getting the power on green LED light to come on during installation of the SonicHub2? I am installing it through NMEA network to (2) Lowrance HDS live graphs. I cannot get the unit to power on and need some assistance as most internet search results for this problem are very old. I’m hoping its not a faulty unit. Thanks for any assistance!
Edd

Re: SonicHub 2 Power Issues

Post by Edd »

Some of these had the YELLOW wire and some did not. Either way this shou8ld be wired through a switch. Basic wiring, black to system ground and red/yellow tied together from appliance to switch, switch to power supply.
Note that these LED lights are very dim, atleast to me they are.

Edd
Mestmaker

Re: SonicHub 2 Power Issues

Post by Mestmaker »

Thanks Edd,

Its definitely not coming on as my HDS unit wont show it as active on my network. I have my 3d transducer right next to it plugged into the same power and still nothing. I am going to try and tie off the yellow and red together this evening. We will see how it works. I will keep ya posted. Ive installed multiple graphs, transducers, structure scan modules, and the ghost with little to no problems but this little device is gonna be the straw I swear.. If that does not fix it, i'm thinking that its a dud right out of the box. Thanks again for your input Edd!!
- Tom M