Authorized Minn Kota Repair

monte300

Authorized Minn Kota Repair

Post by monte300 »

Hey folks, I keep my 2000 Triton TR19 stored at Whiskey Slough dry storage near Stockton. Norcal Mastercraft used to do work there but they have since left. About three years ago they installed a new Minn Kota motor on my boat and they did a fine job. Now for my issues, which can probably wait to be dealt with next winter when mechanics are less busy. 1) When I try to put the engine in gear it sometimes slips and doesn't want to engage. I'm told this is probably due to my gear cable being stretched over the course of 21 years. 2) My Minn Kota trolling motor is much louder than it used to be. Does anyone know of a good repair person that can either go out to Whiskey Slough to repair my trolling motor without removing it from the boat? Another scenario is do you know of someone that has permission to work on the motor at a local marine repair facility? Obviously, I'll be paying for both issues. Thanks in advance.
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Re: Authorized Minn Kota Repair

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

You will most likely have to take it off and bring it in....never heard of anyone offering mobile repairs

I've only used Hook Line & Sinker in Oakley #925-625-2441...…. and MinnKotaMan, but he retired

from MK website you can also try Sidewinder Marine in Ceres #209-380-1000 or Marine Pros in Stockton #707-718-8707
monte300

Post by monte300 »

BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER wrote:You will most likely have to take it off and bring it in....never heard of anyone offering mobile repairs

I've only used Hook Line & Sinker in Oakley #925-625-2441...…. and MinnKotaMan, but he retired

from MK website you can also try Sidewinder Marine in Ceres #209-380-1000 or Marine Pros in Stockton #707-718-8707
Thanks Big Daddy, it's pretty optimistic of me to think I can get motor repaired without removing it from the boat
MichaelB

Post by MichaelB »

Monte:
You dont need to unbolt the entire TM ...... the cradle will stay on the topcap and you unbolt the "arm" assembly and bring that plus the foot pedal to the shop.
I live in Ceres and have had John at Sidewinder work on my Ultrex.
He is getting up in age, semi-retired and has had some health issues. He may or may not be still taking on business.