98 hydra sport blown motor

Eric c

98 hydra sport blown motor

Post by Eric c »

i have a 1998 mercury 175 efi blown motor. this could be a good starter boat or project boat. I am willing to part with it for 2k need it sold by sunday 2k get the boat motor and trailer. pick up in san jose trailer is good to go. 80lb thurst minn kota hot foot 3 bank battery charger. down scan imaging. i will include 1 lowrance lx 7 with purchase. serious buyers only will not take a penny lesws then 2k. eric 4089914768
byronrog

Re: 98 hydra sport blown motor

Post by byronrog »

Can you post any photos
Andrew5414

Post by Andrew5414 »

Went and drove 2 and half hours each way and see this boat, I don’t mean to bash anyone’s stuff but was very disappointed, yes he said project but he said it structurally sound and would be totally a good boat to fix up with no issues. First off starting with the hull, he sent me picture of it and it looked actually decent, when I got there it looked like a completely different boat, the boat looks like it’s sat in a Deseret for many years uncovered no saving it if you wanting a boat that clean, the trolling motor wasn’t even bolted on like in the pictures he was missing the front dash where your trim switches go is gone and he doesn’t have it, the cock pit flooring is completely rotten out I’m only 135 pounds and put 1 foot on it the floor and literally felt like I was going to bust through, which means has had major standing water in it at some point, which also means all the stringer inside the hull are probably rotted (which I did feel around the side of the hull and found soft spots where you push on the fiberglass and would flex, under the boat is tore up and patched up not professionally done he told me he did it him self and it doesn’t leak but idk looks like it would to me, the graphs he has does not not have side imagine also. The boat would need thousands of dollars to actually be water ready and safe in my opinion. The motor it’s not a simple rebuild or powerhead going to need a bunch of electrical stuff powerpacks wire all that stuff is completely fried and melted the prop is thrashed like he had hit something which makes me concerned about lower unit be messed up also. He also does not have pink slips for the boat or trailer just registration which is up to day and in his name. My goal was honestly just to trash the motor and have a new one put on but to be honest this thing is not structurally sound. Again I’m not trying to bash the guy I’m just trying to save other people from driving out there like I did and waste there time. It was at the point where he said I could leave with the boat for 600 dollars Again Eric not try to bash you if someone wants to take that on make sure they know ahead of time about structural issues like that don’t tell them it will be a perfect boat for you and your kids, I don’t care about the looks it was the structural stuff where my kids could literally fall through. It’s not perfect when someone could fall through the floor board and have soft spots in the the side of the hull. Best of luck to everyone.
Kolt45

Post by Kolt45 »

Andrew5414 wrote:Went and drove 2 and half hours each way and see this boat, I don’t mean to bash anyone’s stuff but was very disappointed, yes he said project but he said it structurally sound and would be totally a good boat to fix up with no issues. First off starting with the hull, he sent me picture of it and it looked actually decent, when I got there it looked like a completely different boat, the boat looks like it’s sat in a Deseret for many years uncovered no saving it if you wanting a boat that clean, the trolling motor wasn’t even bolted on like in the pictures he was missing the front dash where your trim switches go is gone and he doesn’t have it, the cock pit flooring is completely rotten out I’m only 135 pounds and put 1 foot on it the floor and literally felt like I was going to bust through, which means has had major standing water in it at some point, which also means all the stringer inside the hull are probably rotted (which I did feel around the side of the hull and found soft spots where you push on the fiberglass and would flex, under the boat is tore up and patched up not professionally done he told me he did it him self and it doesn’t leak but idk looks like it would to me, the graphs he has does not not have side imagine also. The boat would need thousands of dollars to actually be water ready and safe in my opinion. The motor it’s not a simple rebuild or powerhead going to need a bunch of electrical stuff powerpacks wire all that stuff is completely fried and melted the prop is thrashed like he had hit something which makes me concerned about lower unit be messed up also. He also does not have pink slips for the boat or trailer just registration which is up to day and in his name. My goal was honestly just to trash the motor and have a new one put on but to be honest this thing is not structurally sound. Again I’m not trying to bash the guy I’m just trying to save other people from driving out there like I did and waste there time. It was at the point where he said I could leave with the boat for 600 dollars Again Eric not try to bash you if someone wants to take that on make sure they know ahead of time about structural issues like that don’t tell them it will be a perfect boat for you and your kids, I don’t care about the looks it was the structural stuff where my kids could literally fall through. It’s not perfect when someone could fall through the floor board and have soft spots in the the side of the hull. Best of luck to everyone.
Two and a half hour drive each way? Wow--That is a serious waste of time and money.Talk about a scam! Said he wouldn't take less than $2k, then says you can have it for $600? He should have offered you gas money for the ENTIRE trip! MY GOD!
Andrew5414

Post by Andrew5414 »

Kolt45 wrote:
Andrew5414 wrote:Went and drove 2 and half hours each way and see this boat, I don’t mean to bash anyone’s stuff but was very disappointed, yes he said project but he said it structurally sound and would be totally a good boat to fix up with no issues. First off starting with the hull, he sent me picture of it and it looked actually decent, when I got there it looked like a completely different boat, the boat looks like it’s sat in a Deseret for many years uncovered no saving it if you wanting a boat that clean, the trolling motor wasn’t even bolted on like in the pictures he was missing the front dash where your trim switches go is gone and he doesn’t have it, the cock pit flooring is completely rotten out I’m only 135 pounds and put 1 foot on it the floor and literally felt like I was going to bust through, which means has had major standing water in it at some point, which also means all the stringer inside the hull are probably rotted (which I did feel around the side of the hull and found soft spots where you push on the fiberglass and would flex, under the boat is tore up and patched up not professionally done he told me he did it him self and it doesn’t leak but idk looks like it would to me, the graphs he has does not not have side imagine also. The boat would need thousands of dollars to actually be water ready and safe in my opinion. The motor it’s not a simple rebuild or powerhead going to need a bunch of electrical stuff powerpacks wire all that stuff is completely fried and melted the prop is thrashed like he had hit something which makes me concerned about lower unit be messed up also. He also does not have pink slips for the boat or trailer just registration which is up to day and in his name. My goal was honestly just to trash the motor and have a new one put on but to be honest this thing is not structurally sound. Again I’m not trying to bash the guy I’m just trying to save other people from driving out there like I did and waste there time. It was at the point where he said I could leave with the boat for 600 dollars Again Eric not try to bash you if someone wants to take that on make sure they know ahead of time about structural issues like that don’t tell them it will be a perfect boat for you and your kids, I don’t care about the looks it was the structural stuff where my kids could literally fall through. It’s not perfect when someone could fall through the floor board and have soft spots in the the side of the hull. Best of luck to everyone.
Two and a half hour drive each way? Wow--That is a serious waste of time and money.Talk about a scam! Said he wouldn't take less than $2k, then says you can have it for $600? He should have offered you gas money for the ENTIRE trip! MY GOD!
Yeah your telling me!? I’m not one to bash on anyone but I just wanted to save someone else from wasting time and money on fuel like I did! I don’t get why people can’t be honest these days! If he’s trying to fool someone maybe Craigslist but most guys here on westernbass know what there looking at and see through bs. Oh and Then after I said no to the 600 he smirked and said well I know I can 1500 to 2000 for it still so I just chuckled and said good luck! Lol
M Pollard

Post by M Pollard »

maybe he should of payed you 600 to hall it off for him. :D