TROLLING MOTOR REPAIR IN THE BAY AREA

skip stevens

TROLLING MOTOR REPAIR IN THE BAY AREA

Post by skip stevens »

Need help with a minn kota fortrex. Any repair facilities out there? According to the minn kota website Gone Fishin Marine and Marine Pros in Stockton repair them. Went to Gone Fishin Marine. They only do warranty work and Marine Pros doesnt answer the phone. Thinkin of upgrading to a lowrance ghost. Fishermans warehouse a repair place? Who does great installation work? Any help is greatly appreciated. Skip
JLS

Re: TROLLING MOTOR REPAIR IN THE BAY AREA

Post by JLS »

Skip, this is Jay Liu's Service, I am a service center for Minn Kota and MotorGuide. I have my shop in Redding Ca, and if you want to make an appointment (I work on week end) I can repair it while you wait. If you come early, you can fish Shasta for the rest of the day or even stay over and fish another day. My phone # 530 246 8051 :D :D
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

Skip,
I'll second Jay Liu. Although no longer in the bay area, he knows more about electric motors than most people. He's one of those guys (imho) who Minn Kota would call if they had a problem. :D He can tell you about the Ghost too, although he is not an authorized dealer. Check him out, you won't be disappointed.

Fisherman's Warehouse in Sacramento is a Ghost service center. This is a copy of a response from a previous post I made.
"We’re a warranty service center for Ghost motors

Alan Fong
Fisherman's Warehouse Sacramento
(916) 362-1200"

TL
FE
monte300

Post by monte300 »

I had Jay repair my motor several decades ago when he was in Fremont and I was very happy with his service.