It's the little things that become a pita.

Fast Eddie

It's the little things that become a pita.

Post by Fast Eddie »

Have the new 520 c, electronic issued solved, trolling motor binding next, but....... used to be able to fill gas tank no problem until last Sat. Went to fill up and hose kicked off at 3 gallons, 35 minutes later 10 1/2 gallons went into the only tank. Nozzle would pop off after about 1/2 gallon or less. Cick, click, click! (good thing my hair is thick) Took boat out again. Went to different station same issue. Used to have this problem with the 396, where gas would splash out the vent and it would take forever and a day to fill it up. Any ideas as to what is going on or how to fix it?
Thanks in advance
TL
FE
Oh yeah, the gas gauge now reads full or empty. There is no in between.
Thanks again to Alan @ FW Sac for the electronics help.
gabuelhaj

Re: It's the little things that become a pita.

Post by gabuelhaj »

Sounds like vapor lock. You can try rotating the nozzle? Or pulling back the rubber on the nozzle? Check the vents?

Good luck!
Glenn Abuelhaj
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

Check the Ranger forum on Bass Boat Central. There’s a pretty lengthy string about the same issue with newer Ranger boats.
MT

Post by MT »

My '19 Basscat had those little EPA California flap thingies installed in the filler necks. I was able to remove them both and it solved my problem. Not sure if that's the issue with your Ranger or if you can even access them but it might be worth a look.
AVG.JOE

Post by AVG.JOE »

My boat had similar issue -found by filling with gas pump upside down it fills no problem-if I try to fill like Normal (pump trigger on bottom) it kicks off after 2 seconds every time-give it a try
Custom rod builder/rod repair

Hook,Line and Sinker
2019/2020 A.O.Y