Hope everyone else does better at Santa Margarita!

rmcollins3

Hope everyone else does better at Santa Margarita!

Post by rmcollins3 »

Went to practice yesterday. Very tough bite. Caught about 10 dinks.

Water was 64-65 degrees and muddy.

Threw just about everything. Vixen, baby bass spook jr., 3 colors of spinnerbaits, jig, pitched a craw for a while, shaky head roboworm, deep cranks in shad and craw patters, LVR500, Lucky Craft Stacey and a Pointer 100, lipless crank, Castaic Platinum and Eagle Baby E swimbaits.

Caught the little ones on spinnerbaits, the ripbaits and on the LVR500.

Had to come home though for some family issues though. Probably better off anyway...would've just donated my money to the winners. :wink:

Saw John out there, and he said he wasn't doing any better.
bassrman

Re: Hope everyone else does better at Santa Margarita!

Post by bassrman »

thank god john cancelled the tourny !(only 8 boats showed)bite was tough!,only got 1 dink!by noon, put er'on the rack and went home!!
Bassin

Post by Bassin »

Hmmmm sounds tuff out there, I'm planning on going there on Monday. Maybe with the passing of this front and the bright warm sun of tomorrow things will be better for monday. Fished Naci today (Anglers Choice) although not the finish I was hoping for, did manage to catch 30+ fish....it took 16 and change to win.
rmcollins3

Post by rmcollins3 »

It should get better when the front passes and the water continues to clear up. I couldn't see a thing until about 2pm, but then the wind made it hard to see again. Plus my graph is on the ropes, so I was pretty much junk fishing the whole day. Water temp is good for the spawn though, so you may be able to do some bed fishing if the water clears up.

Naci is a tough lake for me, at least to catch big enough fish. I can always catch 20 one pound spots, but I just recently started looking for bigger fish, and I'm on them a little. We'll see if it pans out next month. :wink: