Markley Cove Launching

BASNFAN

Markley Cove Launching

Post by BASNFAN »

I am 81 years young and had my 2nd hip replacement in December, so I am not into long walks yet. Are they still launching at the lower ramp, and if so, is there any intermediate parking or is it "Walk to the top". I haven't bass fished since last June because of the hip problem but hope to make it out next week or week thereafter. Thanks for your info in advance.
BASNFAN
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.
zdbm2004

Re: Markley Cove Launching

Post by zdbm2004 »

With the present lake level the lower ramp is the only one open I would think. I haven’t been back there since before the fires. I think Steele resort is the ramp that has a short walk from your vehicle if they’re still allowing g to park on the side of the launch lanes but was $30 to launch last I heard. Capell to me is the nicest ramp but that 5mph area is a joke. It’s about one mile from the ramp to the bouy line at the opening to the main lake. Good luck and hold on the lake is fishing real good right now.
zmyers
beezer15

Post by beezer15 »

Still a long walk I’m afraid. Don’t expect it to get better with this drought unfortunately.
BASNFAN

Post by BASNFAN »

Thanks guys, for the info. Cappell is a good option. I will see how I feel when I get up on whatever day I decide I can go. :)
Fish bite twice a day - half hour before I get there and half hour after I leave.