jointed vs non's- Jerkbaits

Otay Michael

jointed vs non's- Jerkbaits

Post by Otay Michael »

Hey, lost two lunkers on first jump each yesterday, whereas getting smaller ones landed does not seem to be a problem (3 and under). Heartbreak to see 5's and 6's get off with that headshake, I dread them coming up when I can tell they're large. You? Using about a 5", about 7' diver. Thinking a jointed one might help stop that. You? Anyone make one?

Also think it might have more movement with each twitch, fishing stained water right now. Thanks.

Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Otay Michael

Re: jointed vs non's- Jerkbaits

Post by Otay Michael »

A few guys fishing the Redcrest MLF did well with the new Berkley Stunna 112's, ordered one to check it out. Anyone throwing it yet? Thoughts?
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Hey Michael!

I have not fished the Stunna YET, but will give it a shot soon. If you're fishing standard 4-5" jerkbaits, I would look at the hardware first - I like a RED EWG style hook on the chin and black nickle size 4 for the rest. Hyper wire split wrings or even go up a size on your split wring to give that fish less leverage from the bait. Matt Allen showed me a trick on glides where he removed the splits all together and made his own out of braid loops :shock:

My point is you are getting the right bites, I wouldn't change the bait I would look at rod action and hardware. I hope you are doing well, just about to get into froggy season up here.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Thanks Ash. I changed out my hooks. The Stunna runs nice, I took of the middle hook, as I usually do with larger lure w/ three hooks, no need as I'm not fishing tournaments. But the 112 (the only size it comes in I believe) was a bit large for these pressured lakes down in San Diego, went back to the Rapala. Probably be great at the Delta, or Clearlake.
Otay Michael