Flw. Clear lake.

Baseball

Flw. Clear lake.

Post by Baseball »

I signed up the first day eligible, first day. As of today I’m 17 on waiting list. Probably Won Bass drew most. I’ve paid my membership 3 years now and only made the delta tournament last year. Sorry to say Toyota Series is gone.
birdman920

Re: Flw. Clear lake.

Post by birdman920 »

You won’t be missing much ! Clear Lake is very low and fishing very small the lake is suffering from the tremendous fishing pressure lately ,the big fish that the lake is legendary for are all gone ! sad but true !
Csuhchris

Post by Csuhchris »

Sadly, very few big girls have been landed this year. The last two years, February and March were legendary! Looks like heavy pressure and low water may be negatively impacting this fishery. Even the guides are unsure why the “Bass Factory” is fishing so different this year. I’d even go as far as saying, it may even fall out of the top ten (bassmaster’s top fisheries) this year or next…
Dave Brabec

Post by Dave Brabec »

Not the first time April has had tough fishing.Lots of guides will go somewhere else in April.Bring on the post spawn topwater bite.Plenty of fish in the lake but pressure and falling water temps have them in a funk.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I was there from 1st to the 9th of this month. I may have seen a couple 7's that were doing their courting ritual before moving up to a bed. Dang near every fish was 3 lbs or less that had moved up. Where did they go? My biggest fish was 5 lbs. I didn't go running all over the lake for em because I would have to take a loan out to cover the gas bill.
In the past there would be plenty of big mama's under docks and there were still plenty of docks in the water but no fish. Who knows there might be a wave of giants in the next couple weeks.
clum553946

Post by clum553946 »

There were plenty of them last season & they just didn’t disappear. The lake is cyclic, the water unusually low & the weather erratic. This may not be a banner year, but fishing will get better & the big one’s will eventually make an appearance!
coyote268

Post by coyote268 »

There are a couple of factors people don't want to talk about. Yes, the lake is low coupled with the tremendous fish die off last summer and it is getting beat to death with the amount of tournaments going on now with the low water. A decent winter should hopefully restore it to its old self.
birdman920

Post by birdman920 »

The big fish in Clear Lake are definitely gone ! they normally show up in late winter early spring !but never showed this year ! the largest factor we noticed is the people who pack their fish around all day in their livewells ! I know this is normal tournament procedure, but when the fun fisherman and guides leave fish in their livewells for 12 to 14 hours , just to get that end of day photo op for social media ! the fish are stressed to the point of delayed mortality !
sharkbass12

Post by sharkbass12 »

birdman920 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:13 am The big fish in Clear Lake are definitely gone ! they normally show up in late winter early spring !but never showed this year ! the largest factor we noticed is the people who pack their fish around all day in their livewells ! I know this is normal tournament procedure, but when the fun fisherman and guides leave fish in their livewells for 12 to 14 hours , just to get that end of day photo op for social media ! the fish are stressed to the point of delayed mortality !
They need to start limiting tournaments on all these lakes. Thats just one of the reasons. These YouTube snowflakes are giving up the good water and techniques. I've pirated so many spots from that bearded snowflake guy. The egos on these guys are something else. Every time I see one of them at the boat ramp I talk **** instantly. Just praying one is dumb enough to throw a punch lol.
Bayarea-bassin

Post by Bayarea-bassin »

sharkbass12 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:50 am [quote=birdman920 post_id=665312 time=<a href="tel:1651241602">1651241602</a> user_id=35834]
The big fish in Clear Lake are definitely gone ! they normally show up in late winter early spring !but never showed this year ! the largest factor we noticed is the people who pack their fish around all day in their livewells ! I know this is normal tournament procedure, but when the fun fisherman and guides leave fish in their livewells for 12 to 14 hours , just to get that end of day photo op for social media ! the fish are stressed to the point of delayed mortality !
They need to start limiting tournaments on all these lakes. Thats just one of the reasons. These YouTube snowflakes are giving up the good water and techniques. I've pirated so many spots from that bearded snowflake guy. The egos on these guys are something else. Every time I see one of them at the boat ramp I talk **** instantly. Just praying one is dumb enough to throw a punch lol.
[/quote]

Says the “tool” with an ego. 😂🤣😂
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Define good fishing spots and techniques :roll:
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes