Clearance between trailer tire and fender - is this an issue?

NG

Clearance between trailer tire and fender - is this an issue?

Post by NG »

I'm about to go on a 120 mile one-way trip to Clear Lake and in the garage, I noticed that the clearance between the trailer tire and fender is much closer on the starboard side than the port side. There is about an 1.5 inch more clearance on the port side. Both tires look to be wearing fine and I've never notice an while towing, the trailer is for a 2001 Ranger 518dvx. Is this normal or something I should be concerned about and not use my boat before it gets looked at? Should the two tires have about the same clearance? Thanks for any input.
Attachments
Port side - about 3.5 inch clearance
Port side - about 3.5 inch clearance
Starboard side - about 2 inch clearance
Starboard side - about 2 inch clearance
Whoopbass

Re: Clearance between trailer tire and fender - is this an issue?

Post by Whoopbass »

Are you talking about the tire wear on the plywood?
I don't know if its normal or not. I have the same wear on the plywood on my trailer. I have an 03 520 with a single axle trailer. I bet I only have 3/4" of clearance on the SB side between the tire and glass fender and at least double that on the port side.
The tires have never hit the glass fenders. I removed the tires and besides the light tire wear on the plywood everything looked fine. I have noticed the offset sides for years but it still concerns me.
I just replaced my tires with new ones. The old tires lasted approximately 6 years. They were worn pretty good. The inside of the tires were worn more then the outside but not by a whole lot. Probably 1/16th.
I took it to Clearlake a month ago and I put about 500 miles on it round trip. The trailer is the same now as it was before I went. You will be fine.
BTW, Clearlake is fishing like crap right now.

EDIT..... I just noticed you put the distance between the fenders in the pics. Can't tell nothing with those dark close up pics. Anyway, you have more then double what I have so I wouldn't worry about it.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

i would check your springs and shackles before making the trip it would suck to drop an axel on i5
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

Both of those boats had dual tanks. Which tank is full or has more fuel in it? Also, there was a spring issue in some trailers 2000-2005 or so and there was an upgrade.
Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com