Central Valley Evinrude Mechanics ?

Just Jeff

Central Valley Evinrude Mechanics ?

Post by Just Jeff »

Looking for an honest, dependable, knowledgeable Evinrude mechanic in the central valley. If other Evinrude guys are on here and see this I would like your input on who you use.

Nothing personal against the mechanics at C&C Modesto ( Greg is cool, and seems capable ) but I would prefer to pass on that company as a whole experience. Jason Oliver is very good but darn near impossible to get ahold of, and Gerry Johnson only does Merc and Yamaha.

Any thoughts, comments, sharing of good/bad experiences or suggestions with regards to the subject would be
sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
jeremypitts

Re: Central Valley Evinrude Mechanics ?

Post by jeremypitts »

Bruce at the Boat Shoppe in Fresno has done warranty work for me. I had a good experience with them and they got me in quickly.
Whoopbass

Post by Whoopbass »

I spoke with the mechanic at Bob's about 5 years ago and he claimed to know a lot about Evinrude's. I'm not going to say expert because I don't know but he claimed to know a lot about them. Not sure if he is currently working there.

Greg would have told you how big of a p.o.s. your Evinrude is if you would have taken it there.
Popper

Post by Popper »

Just Jeff wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:39 am Looking for an honest, dependable, knowledgeable Evinrude mechanic in the central valley. If other Evinrude guys are on here and see this I would like your input on who you use.

Nothing personal against the mechanics at C&C Modesto ( Greg is cool, and seems capable ) but I would prefer to pass on that company as a whole experience. Jason Oliver is very good but darn near impossible to get ahold of, and Gerry Johnson only does Merc and Yamaha.

Any thoughts, comments, sharing of good/bad experiences or suggestions with regards to the subject would be
sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
They're not in the Central Valley, but this shop services my Evinrude's for over 16 years. Rich and Joey know these motors inside and out, and are certified Evinrude mechanics.

http://www.belmontboatservice.com/
TonyM

Post by TonyM »

Bob’s Marine in Modesto. Honest, reasonably priced, and Bill’s customer service is good. The mechanic Al has been wrenching Evinrudes since at least the 90s.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Boat shoppe in Fresno is good on both Evinrude and mercs
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Original Lion collar jig
Building and fishing custom bass jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
monte300

Post by monte300 »

Not exactly in the Central Valley but if you’re willing to drive to Boatmasters in Livermore I highly recommend them. They have worked on my Evinrude the past 22 years. They rebuilt my lower end a couple years ago and have always been competent with Evinrudes.
Javelin Jim

Post by Javelin Jim »

Just spoke with Bob’s Marine, I was told that they don’t work on Evinrudes anymore.
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

What year is the evinrude and what horsepower
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Javelin Jim

Post by Javelin Jim »

2016 175
Just Jeff

Post by Just Jeff »

Just wanted to say thanks for all that responded ! The Boat Shoppe in Fresno would be the closest to my house so I will probably contact them first. I don't have any immediate needs at the moment, just being proactive. My current mechanic is wanting to retire and winding his business down as much as possible. ( plus he is a merc guy primarily )

BTW, As per a previous post Bob's Marine no longer working on Etecs.

Jiggin4bass.......my Etec is a 2007 90hp.....we probably have crossed paths on Eastman at some point in time. ( although I don't go there very much anymore due to insanely low water and Ave 26 being an axle wrecker ).

Jeff
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Jeff I still fish both lakes Eastman and Hensley there still both low but fishing is good right now on both. I live in the Rancho's now. So I go around by Hensley and across over roller coaster hills to go to Eastman. Best is the wild it keep everybody off the lake I've been going in the afternoons when the wind really comes up. Last few times up on both lakes had the hole lake to myself. The jig bite and throwing chatterbaits both have been really good.
Original Lion collar jig
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley