Are Berryessa Ramps Open?

StogieMan

Are Berryessa Ramps Open?

Post by StogieMan »

I am particularly interested to know if the Putah Creek ramp is open but has anyone fished at Berry lately, what ramp did you use and how was it?
beezer15

Re: Are Berryessa Ramps Open?

Post by beezer15 »

To my knowledge only Markley and north end are open. Markley is one lane emergency ramp so you’ll have quite some backing up to do then a nice brisk walk to dump off truck and trailer.
drdetroit3

Post by drdetroit3 »

Putah is open, 1 lane dirt ramp $25
StogieMan

Post by StogieMan »

Thanks drdetroit3.

My home lake (Clear Lake) is fishing tough and on average I am only catching 2 fish with a full day on the water so I thought I would try my luck elsewhere.

The ramp at Putah is closest but still an hour drive and I would hate to drive all that way only to discover it is closed so I appreciate the update. Funny how I used to think an hour was nothing but having lived at CL for the last 3 years with my club house ramp only 2 minutes away it changes your perspective :lol:
WCBasser

Post by WCBasser »

With only 1 lane open should I expect a long wait at Markley Cove to launch at 6:30am on a Saturday morning? Not sure how many people are going out these days.
beezer15

Post by beezer15 »

I usually get there around 7am and the most I’ve waited was 10 min for truck in front of me to launch. Yesterday there was no more than 10 trucks in the lot. Check to see if there’s a tournament as that would likely be a wait to recover. I tend to beat the weigh in rush.
WCBasser

Post by WCBasser »

Thanks Beezer. Sounds like it's unlikely to be an issue.

Just hoping to work something out for a good bag on Saturday - I don't know the lake well.