spawn at clear lake !

bassrman

spawn at clear lake !

Post by bassrman »

I just returned home today,after a week of fishing clear lake !it was mostly sight fishing,as it got warmer by the day, and also closer to the full moon!,the whole north end was bed fish city!!,and also fish on beds down south too!,as far as the carp messing up the bass spawm, by doing there own spawning deal thrashing in the weeds,I think it really does not hurt the bass!,not all of the bass spawn in the weed beds and the tule patches,and a lot of the bigger bass spawn deeper!,so the carp never get too close!one thing I am very concerned about is the huge population of shad !it was back in the 1980's when the bass population took a dive,because the shad basicly crowded out the bass fry in the need to feed on freshwater plankton,and the only thing that cured that situation,was a super cold winter that caused a major shad kill,but it took years for the lake too come back!a few other things I have noticed over the last few years is the hitch population is growing large,the blugill & crappie too,i did see that the crappie are suffering a die off !,I dont know what is causing that,one thing I do know is clear lake is an amazing fishery,and I hope it stays healthy!....
Fish Chris

Okay bassrman....

Post by Fish Chris »

That's great to hear. So what did you catch ? Any photos ?

Peace,
Fish Chris