New Hogan Proves Tough for WON Mother Lode

BSmith

New Hogan Proves Tough for WON Mother Lode

Post by BSmith »

I still believe that a tough day fishing beats any day at work and the anglers at the New Hogan tournament found the fishing to be a bit on the tough side. Catching fish was no problem for most it was catching the 2 pounders that proved challenging. While anglers reported a decent topwater bite first thing in the morning it fizzled quickly and most had to rely on the drop-shot and jig just to bring in a bag of fish. Congrats to Bruce Harris and Steve Tosh for bringing in the winning bag at 10.84 pounds. Coming in second place was the young guns of the Mother Lode Region Taylor Parson and Brian Payne with a weight of 10.63 which gave them a commanding lead in the Anglers of the Year race. 3rd place was drug across the scales at 10.62 pounds by the team of Tobe and L. G. Guenthart. In 4th place the team of David and Jimmy Gentry crossed the line with 10.49 pounds. Rounding out the top 5 was Alan Clement and Bryan Strombom whose 10.35 pound bag picked up the last money spot. To say the lake was a nightmare was an understatement as pleasure boaters kept the launch ramp busy all day long. From helping load a ski boat for a very upset wife to helping a guy tie up his axle on the ramp from a spun bearing it proved to be quite an eventful day.

Thanks to all the anglers that braved showing up today I know it was a challenge and WON and myself thank each of you personally. Our last tournament of the year will be at New Melones on the 17th. It will be a 6 hour tournament but I will do my best to get you on the water and slinging spooks by safe light. Sign ups will go at Glory Hole Sports and I hope to see everyone at our final event.

To see the full results of the tournament follow the link.

Thanks
Bret Smith
WON Mother Lode Region Director

http://wonbass.com/team/results/north/m ... hogan.html
Mitch

Re: New Hogan Proves Tough for WON Mother Lode

Post by Mitch »

Tough wasn't the word I would use.......more like impossible. Thanks for getting the results up so fast. This is the way it should be and you have been a fantastic director all season. Thanks again and see you at Melones !!!