P Line Flouroclear

Lance

P Line Flouroclear

Post by Lance »

Has anyone had a problem with this stuff. The other night I was re-tieing and sinched down on the knot and it broke :shock: tied it again and :shock:. That rod went in the rod locker and changed to something I knew would hold, Trilene big game. Has anyone had this problem? I did wet the line. Oh, it was 20 pound test

Lance
BigBossMan

Re: P Line Flouroclear

Post by BigBossMan »

I was using 8 lbs. Flouroclear at Oroville last year while split shotting. Broke off at least 8 fish in one day (and I was retying because of the rough spots from the rocks). All of my prior trips I was using 6 lbs. McCoy and never had a problem and never retied nearly as much. I re-spooled at Oroville Outdoors with something other than Flouroclear and had no problems. I gave Flouroclear one more shot at Oroville a few weeks later...I Re-spooled at Oroville Outdoors the next morning.
basstamer

Post by basstamer »

KOA I bought a bunch of PLine on the advice of a buddy....had the same problem-I have probably 5-10 400-600 yard spools of that junk sitting in the drawer at home-I wont ever buy it again for sure. I went back to my old standbyCajun Lightning.I LOVE Cajun Lightning myself-it is sensitive yet strong,strong, strong and suppossedly even disappears at like 3' deep!
basstamer

Post by basstamer »

KOA I bought a bunch of PLine on the advice of a buddy....had the same problem-I have probably 5-10 400-600 yard spools of that junk sitting in the drawer at home-I wont ever buy it again for sure. I went back to my old standbyCajun Lightning.I LOVE Cajun Lightning myself-it is sensitive yet strong,strong, strong and suppossedly even disappears at like 3' deep!
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

You should try using the "real" P line 100 % flourocarbon. That stuff is expensive but it is super strong. I think you would have a tough time breaking that stuff in 8 lb. or heavier. I have been using the real deal P line flouro and I have never broken it off on a fish.
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

I use Floroclear all the time and I love the stuff. I also only only use a polamar knot, I use from 6 pound test to 25. You want to send me all your old P-line I will take it.
Lance

Post by Lance »

I'm sorry John but the trash man already picked it up, besides I'd feel guilty if you had big momma on and it snapped.
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

Again I love the stuff, have been using it for two years now with out a problum. I have been snagged with 12 pound test Floroclear that Ihave had to cut free because I could not make the line break. I will also say that the 100% floro that P-Line sells, is great. It seems like friction effects the Floro and Floro coated lines more that regular mono thats why I only use a plomar knot and I use plenty of spit on my knot befor sniching it down.
Dave A

Post by Dave A »

I use it almost exclusively now and have not as of yet had any problems with the line. I like the feel, low visibility, strength, and price. Be sure to mositen your knots before cinching them down (you probably already know this). I have used Yozuri Hybrid in the past and had a number of problems. If I was only concerned with the strength and durability of my line and did not want to use braid I would just use Maxima.
rmcollins3

Post by rmcollins3 »

Isn't this the stuff that turns blue in the sunlight?? That would have been nice to know before I bought it.

OTOH, I love the 100% P-Line Flourocarbon, but I don't think it's worth the money - it's not any better (and maybe worse) than Seagur and even Bass Pro Shops XPS Flouro.

I'm also giving Vanish one more try before I give it the boot.
MIKE TREMONT

Post by MIKE TREMONT »

I tried the stuff and was so impressed that I bought two 3000 yd spools, 6# and 12#. The first time I snagged with the 6 I actually pulled my boat around with it (Champion 206) I was impressed.
Then I started breaking it on hook sets. I tried everything you've heard of to remedy the situation to no avail.
A reputable vendor that sells this product told me that the UV rays destroy the line. Even mentioned that if you going to pre-fish one day, make sure and respool before you fish an event the next day. Man I was glad I had so much of this carp!
I don't use it anymore, unless I'm fun fishing.
John you're more than welcome to what I have left on that spool of 12#, let me know.
Last edited by MIKE TREMONT on Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had to come back...I know...
W.C

Post by W.C »

Hey John ! I wish i still had some of that Garbage "P-Line 100 %Floro and Floroclear" too give u, :shock: but i set the sh!@ on fire and watched it burn like it burned me at the lake. :twisted: :twisted: :evil: U must have been one of the few people i know who got a good batch of that stuff cuz it really , really sucks. :evil: :shock: I don't mine spending money on good stuff but i hate throwing money away on sh!@ that doe'snt hold up to what it says. Again P-Line Freaken Sucks!!! :roll: :shock: :twisted: and Nope i'm not Sponcered by them either. :shock: :shock: :D All that said. I do and use the P-line CXX reg fishing line often " its good stuff" but i prefur Maxima its the best for lite line applications. and i swear to all of u that their New Maxima Florocarbon line is awsome u guys need to try this stuff. just a bit on the stiff side but heck of strong and well worth the Money.... Johnny Boy if u keep using that P-Line Floro, it won't be long before u start to hate it like all of us do. and belive me i fish alot. sometimes 3 days a week, so i try all the new stuff. Good luck John and i hope u don't break a Big one on that stuff.If u do "Burn It " :twisted: :twisted: Again I'm not Sponcered by P-line.
Lance

Post by Lance »

Hmmm I'm trying to figure out what WC thinks about Flouroclear :lol:
W.C

Post by W.C »

U asked and well I had the same probs with that line too. Just trying to give u the best advise i can, save your money and try that Maxima Florocarbon than e-mail me and let me know how much u like it . :D :wink: i know u will like it, so will everyone else. again its just a little on the stiff side but heck of strong.
aNNieNsaLTIE

Post by aNNieNsaLTIE »

for me if it is mono or 100% f.c. i use p-line all the way but i DO NOT LIKE THE FLOROCLEAR....imitation junk...........plain and simple...but i do love al the rest. all my reels w/ braided line i tie 6-8 feet leaders to my rods and never had been discouraged yet.

saLTIE_
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

The best line I have ever used for the price!

I can pull my boat around when stuck in a rock pile and not break off.

Turned my team partner on to it about three years ago and he agrees as well.

Oh well it's a Dodge, Chevy, Ford / Ranger, Triton, Basscat thing
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Barry

Post by Barry »

Hipster, I agree. I've been using Flouroclear for over a year and except for one bad spool, I've had no problems. McCoy is still my go to line, however. Vanish makes your fish vanish. Talk about breakoffs. Then again, my buddy loves the stuff. Go figure. : :D l: ...Barry
Burke

Post by Burke »

I started using 15 lb Floroclear about 5 years ago and didn't haven't problems with it. About 3 years ago, I decided to use P-line CXX thinking it would be better. Had no problems with it for about a year, but then started breaking off lures and fish. The day I lost 4 Rat L Traps casting and had the line break a couple times fighting fish, I switched back to Floroclear. (Gave 2 partially used 6000 yard spools to Cooch for the teens to use -- don't know if they had any problems).

Haven't lost a fish due to line breakage on Floroclear. Have lost a bunch of lures, but it's due to being snagged on an underwater obstacle or being lazy and not retying after I've noticed a nick in the line.

I use both the palomar and improved cinch knots on P Line. You definitely have to make sure the knot is wet before you cinch down on it.
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

Sounds like a very inconsistant manufacturer, kinda hit and miss.

At John Kerr's seminar last week at Aim Marine down in San Diego he touted the Maxima line (I think he's sponsored by them). He says he does NOT have to re-spool very often as the stuff lasts 10 times longer than regular line. So in that respect it is more cost effective than one may think.

Speaking of P-line, a friend spooled me up two months ago with the regular line- blue version in 10#, and it is so much limper, thinner and still fairly strong, and no memory- nice stuff. That CXX is a real bear- so thick and such memory. Never breaks though, even when I try to bust it off!!! Use it more for my frogs, etc..
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
Kevin Evans - Kap

Re: Try P Line Premium!!!

Post by Kevin Evans - Kap »

I dont use the fluoroclear either as I too have had problems with the knot strength..
I love the old Pline Premium product THOUGH :lol: ... I have been using the premium line since the late eighties and it still gets me bit. Its not flourocarbon but it is flouro coated... :lol:
I too buy the bulk spools 6lb 8lb and 10lb...Just try the premium one time is all I ask and you will like it... It is also great for night fishing due to its fluorescent tint. Low memory and abrasion resistant with good knot strength.. I use this on my spinning rigs mostly...

I have recently been using the Triple fish fluorcarbon with mixed results... Too many professional overspins with it at first, then stop trying to throw the baits 100 yards and WOW... What a differnece.

different strokes for different folks... :wink:

my 02 cents - Kap
You cant fix stupid, but you can vote it out...