Ranger Boat Buying Experience

Mick Karshner

Ranger Boat Buying Experience

Post by Mick Karshner »

I am ready to purchase my new Ranger and would like to get some feedback on California dealers versus going out of state. Dollars are not an issue but finding a dealer that will back the boat and take care of you after the sale are very important. Any input would be great. Thanks!

-Mick-
-Mick Karshner-

MONA VIE
drink it. feel it. share it. MONA VIE

www.monavie.com
www.monavieonthemove.com
www.mickandvick.com
www.brighart.com

"Success will show up when you make a commitment to the journey."
Gator

Re: Ranger Boat Buying Experience

Post by Gator »

Mick - C&C hands down in my opinion. You will not get a better bunch of guys to buy from or get your service from. I have dealt only with C&C in Citrus Heights since I got my Ranger. Give Mike Van Wagner a call, talk to him about what your needs/wants are and I am sure you will be impressed. 916-729-0590
Tom D

Post by Tom D »

C&C Marine in Modesto or Citrus Heights. They are Great people and I am sure you will be happy. :D
Tom
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Mick,

Trust me on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Mike Van Wagner at C&C in Citrus Heights, a top ten in the nation dealership, the best and quickest response and turnaround of any boat shop gauranteed.

I am not sponsered by C&C just a very happy customer :D and I will back and promote their business up against any other Boat Dealership :wink:
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Scott Shambre

C&C without a doubt..

Post by Scott Shambre »

Go in and talk to Mike and meet all of the staff and you'll see why they're the best.

Scott Shambre
Scott Shambre

C&C without a doubt..

Post by Scott Shambre »

Go in and talk to Mike and meet all of the staff and you'll see why they're the best.

Scott Shambre
ash
SpeedBump

Re: C&C without a doubt..

Post by ash »

Mike at C&C is your man, if you feel uncombfortable there, and I dont see how you could, Rick Grover with Anglers Marine will aslo take care of you.

Consider this, Mike has an outstanding reputation and his dealership is where you will be going for Warranty issues, so why not purchase from him as well?
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Mark Langner

Post by Mark Langner »

I bought my <champion> boat from Rick Grover at Anglers Marine in S/calif. Great shop, ranger/champion obviously, and every one of the staff is totally into fishing...great service.

But wanted to comment on C&C. I've taken my boat in there before, and their work is top notch, excellent service, and they know they're stuff. They did an awesome job installing a new graph and gps in my boat on my last visit.....while I waited. I would have no reservations at all buying my next boat there. In fact, when the day comes, it will either be Anglers or C&C that gets my business, most likely C&C since they are now local to where I live up here in N/Calif.

~Mark
Skeeterman

Re: C&C without a doubt..

Post by Skeeterman »

Like everybodys says Mike is the man to go to he will help find the boat be right for you and your budget he will not force you to buy a certin boat you don,t want, no preasure at all.Good luck with your new boat.Skeeterman.
William Oliveira

Post by William Oliveira »

Hey Mick I can set you up with a Skeeter Deal. But you allready know that.
God will bless you with any Boat you buy.
Help You Cast All Day, Pain Free With MONA-VIE.
Drink It feel It Share It.
www.YouCanBuyHealth.com
Scott L

Post by Scott L »

I don't have any experience with C & C, but I did purchase my Triton from Mike when he was with Galaxie and the previous ownership. Dealing with Mike was a great experience. He was a straight shooter and to this day I believe I got a great deal on my boat.

I was tempted to go out of state, but I am so glad that I hooked up with a great dealership. Not long after breakin my motor went down while at Shasta on a family houseboat trip. On the way home Galaxie stayed late on a Saturday to take my boat in and a week and a half later I had my boat back with a new powerhead and had them install a Hamby's bumper during its stay.

If I had purchased out of state do you think a dealer would jump through hoops to get me my boat back? Not sure. They would have done good work, but they might not have had the boat back as quick and for some that is important.

If as you said, "dollars are not an issue", than the only question is which dealership has the best reputation and treats you right.

The only reason to go out of state to buy a Ranger is to save dollars. I am not saying that is wrong, because I have heard about some great deals. But when someone says "it's not about the money" it's generally about the money.

If you can afford it. Keep your dollars local.

Scott
Rob

Post by Rob »

I bought a new Ranger last year from C&C in Citrus Heights and can't say enough about Mike and the guys. Great outfit, and Mike is a straight shooter, no BS. I hate BS and everything he said was on the mark. They have also done right by me on any issues I've had. Can't ask for more than that. I would recommend them or at least give them an opportunity to give you a quote.

Robert Dong
Mick Karshner

Post by Mick Karshner »

Wow, sounds like Mike Van Wagner has been takin' care of business! Thanks for all of the great input guys.

-Mick-
-Mick Karshner-

MONA VIE

www.monavie.com
www.monavieonthemove.com
www.mickandvick.com
www.brighart.com

Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Mick,

Trust me as I did you a Sieg

I have known Mike forever!!!!!!! ok about 12 years he's the best in the business!!!

As for a Ranger and for fishabilty, resale value and true total boat experiance Ranger is the best boat bar none!!!
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

These guys make me laugh. Mick do your research FIRST before you buy ANY boat from ANY dealership. I have to put my opinion in about C&C Marine in Citrus Heights. I would NEVER take my boat to these guys for one simple reason. And that’s SAFTEY. When you take your boat to them to be serviced it is stored outside in the weather and NOT secured. I have had 3 personal buddies of mine have things stolen from their boat while being serviced at C&C Marine in Citrus Heights. In fact one of my buddies actually took them to court and won his case against them. There are plenty of reputable Ranger service and sales dealers out there where your boat WILL be safe and properly taken care of. Mick do your research first, don’t listen to me or any of these guys on this form. Do your own research for your own peace of mind. But I will tell you one thing and this is just my personal opinion you can not beat Ranger Boat's. Hands down the best boat for the money Z-20 or Z-21
www.xtremeglove.com
www.bpboatcenter.com
Mick Karshner

Post by Mick Karshner »

Jerkbait, thank you for sharing "the other side of the story". I appreciate it and am definately doing my homework. Thanks!

-Mick-
-Mick Karshner-

MONA VIE

www.monavie.com
www.monavieonthemove.com
www.mickandvick.com
www.brighart.com

BFerris

Post by BFerris »

Mike and the guys at C & C are number 1 in my book. I bought a 2000 520 from them back in December and had the lower unit go out on me within the first month of owning the boat. They had it back to me within days and covered everything which they didn't have to do since the warranty was out of date. No questions asked...The next time I am in the market for a new boat...I will go through C & C again for sure! As far as stuff being stolen...I have never had any problems. You won't be dissapointed with them!
sTony

Post by sTony »

Being in the middle of the state you have three great options.

C&C Marine has two locations and you can talk to either Mike VanWagner in Citrus Heights or Chet Hammonds in Modesto and they'll get 'r done for you and back it up with service that I have found to be outstanding.

South of you is Angler's Marine in Anaheim. Rick and Cindy Grover take care of their customer's needs extremely well. In case you were unaware Angler's Marine is the number one Ranger dealer in the universe in sales and they also have an outstanding service department.

Californians are spoiled silly by the sales and service that these Ranger dealers represent. Any way you go you'll be taken care of very well.

Also, just so that you know the West Coast Ranger sales rep is Keith Tripp, who also frequents this site as do Mike and Rick. They all pretty much emulate the great feeling that comes from Flippen, AK and great folks like Randy Hopper and Kim Ott and all the good folks back at Ranger HQ.

Being a member of the Federation will also get you some special consideration when purchasing a Ranger boat with spiffs like a generous clothing allowance, special entry consideration into the National Guard Series or the Stren Series and participation in the Ranger Cup.

C&C Marine - Citrus Heights - 916-729-0590
C&C Marine - Modesto - 209-526-4120
Anglers Marine - Anaheim - 714-666-BOAT

sTony
Mick Karshner

Post by Mick Karshner »

Thank you Tony. I respect your opinion on this. You guys have given me a lot to chew on. Now if we only had a Ranger dealer in Clear Lake!

-Mick-
-Mick Karshner-

MONA VIE

www.monavie.com
www.monavieonthemove.com
www.mickandvick.com
www.brighart.com

Colebass

Forgot one

Post by Colebass »

Oasis in Redding. Seem like good folks as well. I run a BassCat, but had some issue with my motor at a tournment up there and they jump right on it! Didn't matter that I was running "another" brand. They earned some respect from me!
Dave Cole