weight pegging

mjr

weight pegging

Post by mjr »

is there any pros/cons to pegging your weights with toothpicks and those rubber peg-it's as opposed to using a screw on type weights? i almost always use the screw bullet weights and have never tried using toothpicks or the rubber type. how do you peg with toothpicks? from the top or the bottom of the weight?
FATGUY

Re: weight pegging

Post by FATGUY »

i quit using toothpicks mainly beacause when you get them wet they are a pain to get loose. i went to using a bobber stopper on the line above the weight. no damagae to line and they slide up and down when you want . screw in weight tend to destroy the top of the plastics. bobber stoppers are the way to go ..
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Best tip of the year from Larry Hemphill is take an ordinary rubber band cut it in half tie an overhand knot on your line and you now have a bobber stopper.

Between rubber pegs and toothpicks I prefer the rubber pegs they dont damage the line. I do use the screw locks for some applications however they rip and tear the baits very quickly.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Jason C.

Post by Jason C. »

I have used both the tooth pick and rubber stoppers. I usually use the tooth pick just because its basically free to do so. I also think the toothpick holds the weight in place better than the rubber pegs. And I peg the weight from the top. I hope this helps!
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

I use the rubber peg its. I like them over toothpicks, and its simpler than using a mojo peg with the strands.

However, if I am really mojo fishing with the slim weight, I like the rubber strands better. Seems easier to adjust the peg tension, to where you can slide it up and down the line for the right leader length.

Ruber peg its for Texas rigs, fast, tight, and less chance to damage the line. (If you take your time, these can also be pegged a bit looser for retying purposes. Slide the sinker up, and retie. Come to think of it, they have two versions of the peg it now, they also make a slimmer one than than the huge lot of originals that I purchased initially.)

.02 A.G.
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"