UPDATE ON SUE MC KNIGHT'S CONDITION see new post 8/31

Gene Buchholz

UPDATE ON SUE MC KNIGHT'S CONDITION see new post 8/31

Post by Gene Buchholz »

We spoke to Sue's daughter last night and Sue is still stable. She has a tear in the aorta and they are keeping her sedated and stabilized until the can do surgery on Saturday. They want to get her past the first 24 hours and they had said the first 8 hours was the most critical, so she’s doing good there. She also has contusions on the brain, broken ribs and a broken ankle. She is very sedated but responding to the doctor asking her to move her fingers and toes. She is at UC Davis and still in intensive care. They are optimistic but said she will have a long road to recovery ahead of her. Her mother, father and brother flew into town from Washington and are at the hospital with her along with her two daughters. We’ll keep you posted if we here any more. Our prayers are with Sue and her family.
Gene
Last edited by Gene Buchholz on Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[img]http://www.westernbass.com/shared/sponsors/468x60/hookadban.gif[/img]
Marty

Re: UPDATE ON SUE MC KNIGHT'S CONDITION

Post by Marty »

Please pray that God will be with Sue McKnight and make His presence known; that He will stand beside her, comfort her, protect her, and give her peace; that He will assist her doctors in their diagnosis and treatment of her; that He will guide the skilled hands of her surgeons during surgery on Saturday and her caregivers during recovery; that He will fill her with the warmth of His Healing Spirit and give her the physical, emotional, and spiritual strength to face the remaining challenges before her; that He will comfort her family, give them peace and ease their worries and concerns; and that He will wrap Sue and her family in His love. And, may God instill within Sue and her family a sense of confidence that their worries are in His hands and her condition is under His care and that He is always with them and is in control.
In Christ
Skeeterman

Post by Skeeterman »

Amen, That was good Marty very good.
Casey

Post by Casey »

Amen, our prayers go out to Sue and her family
DPetty

Post by DPetty »

Amen
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

I have not even heard the news. Can anyone share what happen? I have talked to this guy several times. I am curious to what happen to him and his wife.
www.xtremeglove.com
www.bpboatcenter.com
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

As of Friday afternoon, Sue was doing a little better. She is scheduled for a very lengthy surgery today to repair the weak spot in her heart caused by the trauma. She is breathing on her own and they were able to complete x-rays yesterday and found there is NO spinal injury. She has 3 broken bones in her foot and a broken heel bone and a few broken ribs. The contusions on the brain are looking better.

Her family is VERY thankful for all of the prayers and support and it is really keeping them going.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Very Good news indeed Gene!! Let me know if there is anything I can do!
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Al and Sue were in a motorcycle accident on Wednesday night in Tracy. They were returning from a dinner ride and a woman in a pickup truck exited a 76 station and pulled out into oncoming traffic but her vision was blocked by a big rig parked on the side of the road. Three cycles hit the truck Al was pronounced dead at the scene and Sue was choppered to San Joaquin General in critial condition. They then transported her to UC Davis where she is now. Another rider was also seriously injured but we don't have any information on him. A third rider and the driver of the pickup were also injured but released that night. Al has helped with our Hook, Line & Sinker weigh-ins and live well checks for the last 13 years. He and Sue recently moved to Modesto, but he still rode up on his cycle to help with the tournament. He was a great person and a good friend.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Always remain in a positive attitude and believe in the power of prayer. We all are pulling for the family and Sue. Bill K
Fun fishing the country, each and every week.
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Sue made it thru the heart surgery and is in recovery. They are going to start weaning her off her sedation medictions. It will be slow but this is a major positive step toward recovery.
DPetty

Post by DPetty »

More proof that our God is a truely a great and merciful healer, and as mentioned previously "prayer is powerful". Let's keep praying for for this sisters continued recovery. "Father thank you for blessing this sister with this healing, guiding the surgeons hands and minds, comforting her family and providing her with such great friends and believers to pray for Sue and her family, father we ask that you continue to heal Sue and comfort her family with your love and mercy".
Gator

Post by Gator »

amen
maelissa

Post by maelissa »

I just wanted to tell you all thank you for the prayers and thoughts your sending to my mom. As of tonight she is still doing about the same and slowly starting to wake-up.

Im not very good at this but I wanted everyone to know how thankful I am that you are my parents friends and that they are in your prayers.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Maelissa, Thank you for the update. Your Dad was a great man, and loved by many. Please know he is in a much better place now. I know your sister Jenny from fishing, I dont think I have ever met you. Please keep us updated on your mothers condition. We are all praying for her full recovery.

God Bless,

Mike Andrews.
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Thank You Father for being w/Sue and for helping her to get better,
continue to keep Your arms around her Lord. Thank You Lord, for Your continued healing of Sue. Prepare her for hearing that her husband has died. Continue to be with her family, Lord and to bring strength and comfort to the hearts of Melissa and Jenny, and the entire McKnight family.

Amen

Hang in the Melissa, big COOCH hugs to you, Jen and mom!
Colebass

Thinking of you and your family

Post by Colebass »

in this obvious trying time.

We'll hope and pray for your mothers complete recovery.
Dave Cole
Jenny McKnight

Post by Jenny McKnight »

I guess my sister and I must have had the same idea. I wanted to say thank you for all of your prayers and thoughts for my mom and my family. My dad truely loved the sport and loved to hang out with all of you. I am extremely lucky to have been able to share this sport with my dad. He truely was an amazing man, and reading your posts have only confirmed that for me.

I cannot thank you enough for all the prayers and thoughts. My family appreciates all of it.

My mom is still doing well. There are a few concerns, but we are staying positive and opitimistic for my mom's recovery. I will keep Gene and Michelle updated on the progress of her recovery.

Again, Thank you.
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Maelissa,
Thank you for your post and the update on your mom's condition. We're all pulling and praying for your mom and missing your dad.
Love,
Michelle and Gene
JustinD

Post by JustinD »

God Bless and may Angels watch over Sue....
LL South
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Sue’s Condition - from Jenny and Bill 8/23
• When Sue arrived it was very touch-and-go, and we are now happy to say she is improving a little each day
• Sue has undergone heart surgery to repair her aorta, the surgery was successful
• She still has a number of injuries that will take several months in rehab to overcome but the priority right now is getting her to wake-up and stabilize so her heart can heal
• She still is unaware of what is going on and has a tube in her mouth so it will be several days before the tube is removed and she is conscious

Sue’s embroidery group has been very busy in their sewing chat-rooms sending some 11,000 messages back and forth to one another regarding Sue’s well being. Her closest friends are making sure that none of her orders are going unfilled. Many folks have already been to the hospital to show support. Additionally, many have offered personal and financial support for the family at this time in need. We are directing this support and resources in an effort to support Sue in her recovery and her long term well being.
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

Gene, it has been a while since we have gotten any updates on Sue, just wondering how everything is progressing..The prayers are still coming..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
Gene Buchholz

Re: UPDATE ON SUE MC KNIGHT'S CONDITION 8/29/06

Post by Gene Buchholz »

Sue’s Condition 8/29/06
• When Sue arrived it was very touch-and-go, and we are now happy to say she is improving a little each day
• Sue has undergone heart surgery to repair her aorta, the surgery was successful
• She still has a number of injuries that will likely take several months of rehab to overcome
• They have now removed the respiratory tube from Sue’s mouth and she is becoming more aware of her surroundings each day, she is opening her eyes, she is mouthing words and you can hear her voice faintly, she recognized me, Jen, and her friend Deb!!!
• The doctors have planned on taking her into surgery for her heel bone. After having a CT Scan on her heel bone it was found that it is crushed into 3-4 pieces. They will need to go in and put steel plates and screws in for it to heal properly. She is currently on-call for surgery so we do not have a set date or time.
• The doctors are very pleased with this advancement in Sue’s condition and while they can’t guarantee Sue will have a full-recovery, they think there is a very good chance of it!!!!
• We have a crisis counselor and crisis plan in place to inform her about Al once she is conscious of what has happened- While we have a plan, we know there will be no easy way to deal with this

August 29th, 2006- Thank You/Update from Bill & Jen at UC Davis Medical in Sacramento-

Jen and I would like to extend many thanks and gratitude to all of the loving people that have shown support for our family in this time of need. It is in times of tragedy when you realize how important the people in your life are and how much you should appreciate each day you have with them. Our strength at this moment in time is due to the support we have received from those around us and we appreciate you all. I would like to recognize every single person who has shown support but it would nearly be impossible to list everyone, Sue is getting on average of 15-20 letters a day from her embroidery group, add that with the letters or phone calls from numerous family-friends, fishing buddies, Harley riders, co-workers, neighbors, etc… you get the picture. At this point in this letter many of you may jumping right to the updates on Al and Sue (and I don’t blame you). I do imagine however, that you will all take time to read the “Thank Youâ€