Does anyone have any recommendations for a good club?

ryland7667

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good club?

Post by ryland7667 »

My friend and I are looking for a local bass club. I live in Citrus Heights and he lives near Walnut Grove. He has never fished a tournament and I fished a few club tournaments a few years back. We like the delta but also like some of the local lakes as well. We were hoping to fish some team format tournaments. I am a boater he is a nonboater. I've browsed the clubs listed on this site but any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
Phil Crader

Re: Does anyone have any recommendations for a good club?

Post by Phil Crader »

Folsom Bass Team is a good one. We meet and fish once a month. More info on the website:

www.folsombassteam.com
Calistar

Post by Calistar »

The Sacramento Bass Wranglers (the club I belong to) fishes Berryessa, Camanche, Shasta, Don Pedro, Clearlake, Oroville, and the Delta. We have a draw-team format...which means we draw names so that you can fish with someone different (as a team) at each event. We've also modified our by-laws and new anglers pay by the tournament (and don't have to pay the club fee all up front).

Our next meeting is next Tuesday, August 29th at the Round Table Pizza in Rancho Cordova (near Sunrise and Hwy 50) at 7:15pm. Come on out and meet the guys. Boaters and Non-Boaters welcome.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Folsom Bass Team we meet in Citrus Heights every first Wedensday of the month. We are also a draw team format and a very active club with guest speakers, great bunch of guys.

I would check out both clubs and decide for yourself.

I know that Folsom Bass Team has treated me as family since I became a member last year.

With Regards,

Jonathan

http://www.folsombassteam.com

We fish Lakes all over Nor-Cal not just Folsom :wink:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Hipster

Post by Hipster »

Zippers

The FBC now meets in CH? Where? just keeping up!!

Do any of the old members still reside? if so do they know that one of the long time members Gordon Jones passed away last month?
Four Decades of Red!!!!!!!!

When in Doubt Set the Hook!!!

Mark
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

I think it's called the sacramento bass trackers :?:

you can pick up a flyer at fishermans warehouse - they fish diff bodies of water that are local and it is very cheap - GREAT bunch of guys - check em out

**if you want to fish with your buddy in every event you should check out 100% BASS future pro tour. It is pretty cheap for the very good payback they give. The last event is at Lake Oroville on 9/17/06 if you want to see what it is all about. This format will allow you to fish with the same person every event if you dont like the idea of a draw format...check em all out - all mensiond are good
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Hipster wrote:Zippers

The FBC now meets in CH? Where? just keeping up!!

Do any of the old members still reside? if so do they know that one of the long time members Gordon Jones passed away last month?
Hey Hipster, I dont know too much about who is old gaurd and new gaurd I do know that we took up a collection for Gordon Jones and that Steve Sapp donated a guide trip to be raffled off and the proceeds will go to his family.

We meet at the Roundtable where greenback and main meet.

For those of you looking for a club that shares information, lots of comeraderie and just some good ole competitive fishin then I encourage you to check us out!

With Regards,

Jonathan
Links to Check Out -
Phil Crader

Post by Phil Crader »

SOCB_Hawghunter wrote:
For those of you looking for a club that shares information, lots of comeraderie and just some good ole competitive fishin then I encourage you to check us out!

With Regards,

Jonathan
On the web at: www.folsombassteam.com
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

I used to belong to Folsom bass club. Good club fun fishing. check em out you will like there format.

Rodger
Jeff Garmeson

Post by Jeff Garmeson »

All of the above mentioned clubs are an excellent choice and are full of some great sticks and very enjoyable personallities. I have been a member of both the Folsom Bass Team and the Sacramento Bass Wranglers as well as fished with (annual night tourmament between FBT & SBT) the Sacramento Bass Trackers. I would recommend trying them all out until you find the one or more that fits your personality best, many guys juggle mulitple clubs.

Secondly, I would like to thank all the members who where quick to mention the Folsom Bass Team, it is good to hear that you are enjoying the club and feel welcome there, because when it is all said and done it's about making friends and having fun, well, maybe catching a fish or two along the way!

Last, I would like to pay respects to Gordon Jones and his family along wih all other fallen members through the years that have helped to make the Folsom Bass Team what it is today.

The Folsom Bass Team welcomes you and your friend anytime, stop by one of the monthly meetings and see whats going on.

Jeff Garmeson
VP Folsom Bass Team
"Die Trying"
Blue_R70

Post by Blue_R70 »

Jeff,

Do the Sacramento Bass Trackers have a website? How large is the club and what part of town do they meet at? Like ryland7667, I'm also trying to get an idea of the various local clubs out here...

So far, I've found:

Folsom Bass Team
River City Bassmasters
Sacramento Bass Wranglers
Elk Grove Bass
GETTIN BIT

Post by GETTIN BIT »

Blue_R70,

The Sacramento Basstrackers don't have awebsite. We have about 30 members and we meet @ Sam's Hof-Brau on the 2nd tuesday of the month @ 7pm. Tournaments are draw, pro-am style events.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Blue the guy Ryan behind the reel counter at Fishermans Warehouse in Sac is a member and can dial you in.

Hope to see you next Wedesnday at Folsom Bass Team.

Jonathan
Links to Check Out -
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

You can't go wrong with a Big Bertha. Although an aluminum bat makes a great club in a pinch :lol:
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Marty

Post by Marty »

If you want to see the best clubs all you need to do is come to the 2nd Annual Northern California Club Classic – 14 Oct 06.
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

Well if you’re interested in learning a bunch of new stuff I would definitely recommend Future Pro Tour. This circuit is cool, me and my partner started to fish this year and we have already learned a bunch. Vince at Future Pro Tour puts on one heck of a show. He always has seminars where pro's can come and talk to us about tips and what not. Also this is a great place to learn and meet new people. This circuit has a lot of boats but its good clean fun. I would DEFINITELY recommend you visit the Future Pro website at Futureprotour.net

Mike.
www.xtremeglove.com
www.bpboatcenter.com
NaCl

5 iron...very versatile club. can even putt with it!*NM*

Post by NaCl »

*NM*
Blue_R70

Post by Blue_R70 »

Jeff and Jonathan,

Thanks for the info about Sacramento Bass Trackers...
twister

Post by twister »

ryland7667,

The guy at RC Bassmasters are good guys. Most of them been fishing for ever. Some of the them fish your typical circuits in the area. We fish 3 outting in the Delta, One private lake/picnic, 2 outings at Clearlake, 2 outtings at Oraville, Berryessa, and one shast. Theres no outting during December and January, but we do unofficially get together and chase striper in the Delta. If you're looking to learn this is the club for you. We're very competative, so all information is shared in detail. Well it seems like you found the website so join us for our next meeting if you want. Mountain Mikes in the Pocket Area (Bell Air Shopping Center).