NADA used boat prices ?

SHAFT

NADA used boat prices ?

Post by SHAFT »

I've been looking at used Fish and Skis from 1994 up to about 1999
and it sure seems that the NADA prices are way under all the asking prices . Someone here has their head up their arss , I'm thinking NADA ! What say you ?
SHAFT

Re: NADA used boat prices ?

Post by SHAFT »

And one other thing , how do I reset the clock that showes the time of the post's I tried to change it in my profile from 9gmt to 11gmt because I am showing 2 hours behind but when I hit the reset button it goes back to 9 ! WHAT THE H#LL !!!!!!
Ken C.

Post by Ken C. »

Yeah, for one thing the prices in NADA seem to reflect the prices out East and not out in California where we pay a premium for everything. The other thing is they have a disclaimer in there that says for instance that outboard motor prices can be "substantially higher" for low hour motors and motors in excellent condition. Same with the boats. Then there's another note I've seen where prices may be higher on the West Coast. For the most part they must have evaluated some pretty ratty boats to establish their prices.

Bottom line is that a boat is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. And that gets back to the issue where the owner typically thinks its worth more than it really is. The buyer thinks it's worth less. The seller holds out for "his price" letting a willing buyer walk away, only to end up paying a few more monthly payments and insurance only to finally drop the price and ends up selling it for the same or even less than the earlier offer... :?
Last edited by Ken C. on Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b]To the world, you might be just one person. But to one person, you just might be the world...[/b][/i]
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/shred1080/misc/Disclaimer.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Kadota.jpg[/img]
Ken C.

Click "SUBMIT", not "Reset"

Post by Ken C. »

To update your profile!!!
SHAFT

Post by SHAFT »

Oky Doky , that was it , thanks Ken
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

Dont forget when you nada you are doing the boat as one price adn the engine as a seperate price, add the two together and that is the suggested retail value.

You are correct though there are a lot of guys selling boats that are way above market. Watch which ones have been on the market for a while and make them an offer, you never know. :lol:
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
B Becker

Post by B Becker »

I have listed my boats according to NADA, but you have to realize that there is stuff missing in the price hike.....don't forget electronics, upgraded trolling motors, extended warranties, and anything else that has been added that can't be checked off on the NADA page.....I have always been within a couple thousand....but I have always justified it.....if you are interested in a boat, just call or email that person and start asking "why?"....
Good Luck!!!
Brent Becker

Sponsors:
www.brentbeckerfishing.com
www.skeeterboats.com
www.basspro.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.maxima-lines.com
Chucknbass

Post by Chucknbass »

I read somewhere that if you are in California, add $6,000 to the NADA price.
Marty

Post by Marty »

What is the NADA web site? Thanks
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

Isn't NADA just like Blue Book? Usually selling something, you check it out for what the dealers pay? Then see what they are going for above that?

I know I'm getting ready to sell my Stratos Fish & Ski and checked it out. Was surprised at the result.

Morgan
Brian Manthe

Post by Brian Manthe »

As a claims adjuster I use nada to settle total losses everyday. Nada is actually a Regional book value and not a nationwide value as previously stated. The company actually goes to dealers and gathers values for vehicles within a region. Nada is a value book that is updated monthly, where as blue book is a nationwide value, and is updated every 3 months. Nada is actually a very good guide to evaluate the actual cash value of a vehicle, it may be a $1000 high or low, but it's usually close to the ballpark. The boats that are being sold way high are probably guys that aren't anxious to get out of their boats and would be happy to settle for 5k above book value, if it sells great, if not keep fishing. Or they promised the old wife they would sell it and put it up for way to much money so they can hold onto it for a while. If you are persistent with researching boats, you will find the guy that is willing to cut a good deal.
Bassman