Check em out. Features Gami hook also!

Brian Linehan

Check em out. Features Gami hook also!

Post by Brian Linehan »

Lance

Re: Check em out. Features Gami hook also!

Post by Lance »

NICE!! VERY NICE :D
Friendship is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

They are an awesome bait. Someone had posted these a while back so I bought them. For the price these swim really good. Caught some nice fish with it last year.
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Ha Ha! Funny Bruce. You wouldn't possibly be a little biased because you are sponsored by Revenge? Ha Ha!
big_gorilla

Post by big_gorilla »

Those look nice but I would have to say the new Stanely swimming jig is the one I like. It's just being released.

It has a great swimming head on it with a little bit different blade.
The picture on their website doesn't do it justice.

Keep an eye out for it.
First one in the box settles the nerves!
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

I don't exactly remember Revenge inventing the spinnerbait, but as you love saying, "What do I know?"

Ha Ha Ha

Brian Linehan
(714) 717-6503
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

No problems. :D
big_gorilla

Post by big_gorilla »

Brian how does B deal with you? ha ha

How is she feeling?
Kelly Ripa

Your right Bruce...

Post by Kelly Ripa »

As a machinist I know all to well how to copy other work and they didn't even disguise it :wink: Oh well.... off to the lake to use my new baits. My connection at Clear Lake failed me this Christmas :mrgreen: ....So thanks for the link. I know I tend to use the OEM on a product but if it looks like another bait I really like.... I am allowed to give it my opinion after some extensive research :roll:
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

ImageThere are many job opportunities in the US and of A. For men, construction worker, taxi driver or accountant. For woman, .......
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell

Post by Guest »

Also available on BassTackledepot.com

http://www.basstackledepot.com/mm5/merc ... atterBaits
Nlvbassin

Post by Nlvbassin »

Are those jig head from Bass Pro Shops that they copied from cabelias, soon to be released by r2s, and ................................
DeltaBound

Post by DeltaBound »

You have to be an idiot to deny that's how these baits came about.
I would be more than willing to blueprint the heads and then do the same with one of Rays baits. Other than the modifications to change it into a chatterbait, I would be shocked if there was more than .010 difference between the two different heads.
Gentleman, this has been going on since the plastic worm. Nothing new here.
mike goodwin

Post by mike goodwin »

Brian this are by far the best looking chatters I've ever seen. I will send you, you know what after you get moved in. Keep me posted Bro......Mike G
Little Fin

Post by Little Fin »

Markey's has the best looking. We will post it as soon as we figure out how to do it. Sweet little chatter!
Little Fin

Post by Little Fin »

Might I also mention that the chatter bait displayed here has definite merit, don't get me wrong.
one fish wonder

Post by one fish wonder »

Hook me up fool!
www.quiksilver.com
Scott

Post by Scott »

Is it just bad website graphic or does the connection of the blade to head have a open Eyelet?

The way it looks online, It looks like a fish could easily throw the bait from the blade and you'd be left with just the blade.

I know a pair of pliers would fix it, but should something like this need fixing out of the box?
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Hey Scott, they took the blade off for the pics. That's why the eye looks open. When the blade is on, it is totally closed.
Scott

Post by Scott »

That's good, other than that They look great...I figured it was a web thing
Little Fin

Post by Little Fin »

Sorry for delay - Here's the Markey Chatter. You should see it swim! Pro Staffers are pretty much the only guys with it right now, and they love it. Sits just like this photo when it's on the bottom too. You can jig-swim-jig-swim it... you can bounce it...it is quite versatile. We love it. Not a big push on it though - it's someone else's idea. Markey's makes their version quietly, and it is for sale of course. And it's a "Cadillac". This thing is the smoothest ride out there when it comes to chatters.

Ron C

Actually BruceE is 100% correct...

Post by Ron C »

...and Revenge is in the process of filing a law suit against Fishin Magician and another company associated with the manufacturing of the Voodoo Chatterbait. Any yes, I am sponsored by Revenge, but that has absolutely nothing to do with this issue. It’s all about professional integrity.
John Barron

Re: Actually BruceE is 100% correct...

Post by John Barron »

Knock offs have always been a problem. The problem I have with this particular one is the Revenge head sure looks like it was copied to me. I have put them side by side and it looks like a match. I have never seen the detail in anyones baits like the Revenge design.

Make your own opinion; check out both websites and look at the heads and then check out the colors offered by both then decide if it is a copy.

Just my opinion
jb
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
DeltaBound

Re: Actually BruceE is 100% correct...

Post by DeltaBound »

Image Image

voodo on the left and Revenge on the right
Kelly Ripa

John

Post by Kelly Ripa »

I just don't want to have the flames of this thread on my hand but I just got These baits and from the side...I know what I see but from the underside it looks as if manufacturing suffered the need for the same exactness vs. cost. It cost less to make that head that way as opposed to the finer details and love that is in that revenge head mold. Its the same but flatened to an infantisamal degree.

Kelly "The Machinist" weighs in your honor
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
big_gorilla

Re: John

Post by big_gorilla »

I think they look alot alike but I also see that they are not exactly the same.

I personally think the Revenge one looks alot better. The lines look cleaner and the detail is better.
Brian Linehan

Thanks guys, Just what we need.....More Drama!

Post by Brian Linehan »

You guys are funny! hahahaha
Scott Shambre

A LAWSUIT ON THE ROAD TO NOWHERE....

Post by Scott Shambre »

Ron, there is no patent infringement because the Revenge has NO patent on its' head design. I am not bias against Revenge, they are some of the best spinnerbaits, as well as other tackle, on the market. I am however defending the integrity of a close friend who had the guts to spend his own hard earned cash trying to "build a better mousetrap" Chris went as far as to talk to the people at Revenge over a year ago and they told him themselves THERE WAS NO PATENT ON THEIR HEAD DESIGN!!!!!

I won't speculate about the motives of this alleged lawsuit, BUT it seems to be sour grapes considering Revenge is set to or already has released its' own Chatter-type bait. As for the Revenge bait, Chris Peterson could give a rats tail less about the Revenge bait and will probably buy a few to use because they are quality baits, but to cry foul after the fact is just ludicrous.

If there is a lawsuit, it is between Revenge, Fishin' Magician & the courts. This is America, if you don't like the bait, DON'T BUY IT OR USE ONE!!!!! But to challenge the "professional integrity" of an entrepenuer (sp.) is throwing rocks when we ALL live in a glass house.

Scott Shambre
Scott Shambre

NICE BAIT MARKEY....

Post by Scott Shambre »

I think it will be a winner.

Scott Shambre
FOLSOM BASS LEAGUE
www.folsombassleague.com
www.rangerboats.com
Is there a Lost Land of retards????
Kevin

Re: NICE BAIT MARKEY....

Post by Kevin »

Doesn't look exactly the same to me either.
Fishin' Magician

Re: A LAWSUIT ON THE ROAD TO NOWHERE....

Post by Fishin' Magician »

Thanks for the support and confidence in us Scott. We're gonna keep listening to our customers and keep putting out products they want. We've had no complaints about our products from the fishermen or the fish!
Jerkbait0071

Post by Jerkbait0071 »

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:38 pm Tackle Copying Controversy!
You know I normally stay clear of these types of controversial debates, however I do feel the need to express my opinion on the entire debate over the copying of the Revenge head design. Is it really Revenges design that is in question here? Because when I did my OWN research I did not find a paten on this particular head design. When I closely examined both the Revenge head and the Voo-Doo head there are several similarities as well as some very distinct differences. One of the very noticeable differences is the broad thickness of the head. The Revenge head is much slimmer than the Voo-Doo head. Another distinct difference is the molded in trailer keeper. Never the less there are a lot of similarities but also a lot of differences between the two heads. The question at stake here is who designed the lead minnow head. Did Revenge design the lead minnow head? Where did Revenge come up with this idea? Bottom line here is that there will always be similarities in today’s productive tackle. Take the Senko for instance! Did Tiki baits copy the Senko?
It sure seems there are a lot of similarities between those two. The tackle that is available for us anglers sometimes looks very similar, but serve two entirely different purposes. Now if the tackle company that makes the Voo-Doo lure comes out with a spinnerbait with the exact Revenge minnow head then perhaps there would be a legal or ethical debate, however these are two entirely different baits with two entirely different lead minnow heads. I'm a long time customer of Revenge products, I love there design, I have also purchased the Voo-Doo lure, I'm very happy with both. Now the question I have to ask myself now after reading the forums as an avid bass fisherman and tournament angler is why do the anglers that are sponsored or “associatedâ€