Spro BBZ- slow sink

Abb

Spro BBZ- slow sink

Post by Abb »

I have just decided to get into throwing swim baits. I just picked up a Spro BBZ- slow sink and a fas sink. I have been throwing them on Okuma Extra Hvy Big Bait Rod Shimano Cardiff and 50 lb power pro. Ive been out a few times and I can't get looked at. Any one used these baits before or or have any suggestions on these lures I would definitely appreciate the info.

Ab

Re: Spro BBZ- slow sink

Post by Guest »

Put them in the tackle box and tie on a Huddleston or Mission Fish... That's your best chance at swimbait fish!

Just my .02
fourbizzle

Post by fourbizzle »

Don't overlook the BBZ, it catches fish. You just gotta put more than a couple trips in. You'll hook up.
SethB

Post by SethB »

I Agree with Tom the Hudd and Mission fish are exelent baits. But I also think the BBZ iz a good bait I haven't had as much time on the water with the BBZ as with the other two. I have gotten a couple fish on it. Nothing big yet but it is still drawing strikes. I have all three baits with me at all times and each one has its ideal situation. BBZ is a good bait and you will catch fish on it if you stick with it. S L O W R O L L . . . . .
Take a kid fishing
Cooch

Hey Tom.....

Post by Cooch »

That SPRO is a good bait, just ask Bryant & Roland, the two guys who hit that 40 pound sack two weekends ago here on the river!
Sacto John

Re: Hey Tom.....

Post by Sacto John »

Just stick with it. You may want to consider going to mono, although it probably does not matter. I just have far more confidence when I feel the fish can't see the line.

Post by Guest »

If they caught that 40 lbs on the SPRO and can prove it.. I'll eat one!

No way! and I have heard otherwise from very close friends of theirs!
Tom
fishinp

Post by fishinp »

Saw a 36lb limit come out of Pine flat on it...It works!!! 2 11lbr's to boot!!!
sTony

Post by sTony »

The stories abound on what Brian and Mike were using to catch the 40 pound limit. Even the where's are being exaggerated as I've been told from three different people three different spots where the fish where caught and each place is miles from the other.

So far I've heard they were caught on SPRO's, Huds and Mission Fish and I've been told people saw them catch the entire limit in Little Mandeville, and others also saw them catch 'em all in Sherman Island and yet another in a spot way down south.

When the legend becomes fact, print the legend. And with Roland and Bryant it's all legendary stuff, HAR!

sTony

Post by Guest »

No doubt the SPRO will catch fish... Sure looks like a good bait. Just from my personal experience... the hud gets bit 3-4-5 to 1 on it!

But that is just me and I have confidence in the hud... it's all a matter of confidence!

Tom
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

Same thing happened to me when I caught the 36 pounds on the Delta in the WON bass last year. Everyone thought that they knew where and how I caught them and the only two people who really knew where me and my am. We had a shot at over 40 pounds but I lost two over 10 at the boat when the net broke.

If you ask a fisherman how or where they caught there fish you are asking to be lied to. Period.

PS- I will be throwing a BBZ, a tripple trout (custom color), a mission fish and my Bass Pro Shops swimbait (discontinued) at the Delta next weekend.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Not to be disrespectful Tom, but the BBZ flat out works. I am a major critic of ANY new swimbait (ok, and most old ones). So, of course I laughed at the bait. That is, until my buddy showed up with one and started sticking big fish while I went fishless. This happened on three back to back to back trips. I usually have one tied on now and have had success with it.

But, it certainly is not my go to bait.

Hey John, nice sack at Tullock!!
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

If they caught that 40 lbs on the SPRO and can prove it.. I'll eat one!

What they said was they caught the two over 10 on the SPRO Swimbaits, the rest on 3/4oz jigs. Is that true or not, only they know fer sure. If it's not true, hey, that's Brian and Mike's problem! :roll: To err and lie, is a formula fer disaster, all too often seen with reports of how and where fish are caught on this River.
Joe W.

Post by Joe W. »

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I've been throwing the BBZ slow sink for many hours now and have yet to even have a follower. How are you guys that are sticking fish on this thing fishing it? Maybe it's the fact that I am a little worried about losing the bait that is hindering me. I usually throw it, let it sink close but not all the way to the bottom and then retrieve it slow and steady. Any tips you guys want to share about this bait? It looks so good I can't see how it isn't getting bit.
Abb

Post by Abb »

TomLeogrande wrote:Put them in the tackle box and tie on a Huddleston or Mission Fish... That's your best chance at swimbait fish!

Just my .02

I throw the hudd and the mission fish. I just started throwing the hudd and the Mission fish for 2 seasons. What attracted me with the spro is that the spro has more action with more of the body moving instead of just the tail. I would assume that if the fish are not as aggressive then they would want a less action like a slight tail wagg. Also the hudds dont have any rattle witch I would assume make the hudd a more suttle presentation bait. On the other hand the spro can swim more like a real fish using the whole body to proplell itself it also can do a 180 turn in the water and face away from the angler as if to turn around and look at its follower. Its also can be used on the surface as a wake bait. Now I know there are guys that swear by their go to baits because they work and their are some buys that swear by a certain bait because they shelled out the cash and they want to belive that investment was a good one. Although Ive had no swimbait fish I would like to be able to use what ever bait I have to its best potential. I think that the hudelsont and the spro have their applacations where either one will outshine the other the question is witch scenario fits witch bait that is my new question.

Post by Guest »

I am sure it does.. I was just giving the guy my .02!

By no mean am I the say all expert on this or anything else for that matter! Sorry to come off that way...

Good fishing with whatever bait you use!

Post by Guest »

Anything will catch a fish in the right place at the right time. Heck - 10 to 15 years ago they were catching them on what was nothing more than a painted dial rod.

No dissrespect to the SPRO- it looks good as does the Rago bait that is very similar. The new Rago/Castaic stuff looks fantastic as well and there are at least 20 other great swimbaits out there but, everyone has their favorites.

If you see me on the water - you'll see a Hudd or a Mission fish or 1-Up or Armageddon or AC minnow.... and if I can get one maybe a triple trout but, that's about it. Why? Not necessarily because they are the best.. the best is a relative term... but, because that is what I have confidence in. I have tried 100 different swimbaits and these are the ones that I personally like.. Others will work, and probably work well in many cases but, when my money is on the line and/or I am out hawg hunting (which I am not expert at) I am using one of the aforementioned baits!

I guess it comes down to this.. If its not broken why fix it? I catch fish on my favorite baits... if they should happen to stop working I am sure I would be on the market for something that will!

Just my .02
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

I hear you Tom and agree.

As far as I am concerned swimbaits are like crankbaits (for me), I own far too many and still usually catch fish with a flippin stick (and sweet beaver) in my hand.

I should sell all my swimbaits and cranks so I can afford to buy the lures that actaully make me money while I am fishing.

Swimbaits in many ways are just like a senko, make a good cast and the fish handles the rest. Color, size and make are more of a hook for the angler and not the fish.

PS-Can I borrow one of those Armageddon I hear they cost a lot of money.
Last edited by Ricky-S on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe W.

Post by Joe W. »

Ricky-S wrote:
Swimbaits in many ways are just like a sinko, make a good cast and the fish handles the rest.
I wish this were true, I'd have hundreds of swimbait fish under my belt. :D
Cooch

I 2nd that Joe.....

Post by Cooch »

What the hell's a "sinko" anyhow? HAR! HAR! HAR!
Hollywood

Re: I 2nd that Joe.....

Post by Hollywood »

aint that one of them dumb looking flappin hogs?
Ricky-S

Post by Ricky-S »

Hey Cooch,
You haven't fished the latest knock off? Boy you wont believe the action and they are much cheaper. :lol:

Sinko is ebonics for Senko. :wink:
Joe W.

Post by Joe W. »

Also known as the sinking turd. :D