Delta colors....

HookedSolid

Delta colors....

Post by HookedSolid »

If you could paint your own swimbaits or bigger ripbaits any color you wanted,what would be your choice for this time of year?
I've never fished the Delta and although I could paint Trout,from what I've read here it works but may not be the best.
Thanks for any help...><>...HS

BTW,I'd like to try and paint one of those baseball bats you guys throw if someone is willing to send one out east.NO $,just ship.
I paint for more of a hobby and love of the sport and would be curious to see if I could fool one of those smart west coast bass 8)
I'll trade you guys the Hudson for the Delta.
Wadda ya say,even trade.I'll throw in a bag of senkos;)
Jason C.

Re: Delta colors....

Post by Jason C. »

If it were me I would paint them shad colored or blue gill colored. You dont see to many trout or steele head out in the river but youll get em. So basically try to "match the hatch" and paint like white siver and grey, green with black splots and a cream white bottom. MAybe something with a little chartruse in it. Dont make it to complicated keep it simple and you should do well.
Winning Isn't Everything...But Wanting To IS!
Tight Lines, Jason C.
jasonconser@yahoo.com 925-727-4077
[color=orange] www.dobynsrods.com [/color]
[color=blue] www.inland-marine.com [/color]
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Gold on a rainy day

Red in the mornings

Clown in the afternoon.
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
Dan McKenzie

Re: Delta colors....*NM*

Post by Dan McKenzie »

*NM*
RichThiel

Post by RichThiel »

Golden Shiner > Size 6-7 inch - Double jointed - Red around the Gills.

Rich Thiel
Guide on the California Delta and Lake Berryessa for Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spots. Teach all known techniques with up to date artificial baits.

www.calbassguide.com ,

Best 5 over 7lbs for 09
1- 8lb 3oz
2- 10.73
3- 9.06
4-
5-
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Silver, shades of dark blue on the back and lots of tiny black dots to emulate the scales, this will ineed represent what the Golden shiners look like right now.
Trace

Post by Trace »

Is that you Paul?
Let me know what you want, maybe I can help. I guess you can get Huds and such just like the rest of us. I don't own any of the hard baits yet.
Tracy Patton
tracyndara@juno.com
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Everybody is talking about painting their tripple trouts????????What is wrong with the plain trout pattern? Anybody have any ideas or reasons why painting will make that much difference? I appreciate any advice.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Have you seen one?? It looks like my 6 yo boy painted it! I have 2 in to Jermey Andrson right now! Cant wait to see me Shellcracker/Triple Trout!! And NO you cant borrow it! :wink:
185vsfrog

Post by 185vsfrog »

Mike, I have one painted up by a 6 year old and it looks ok, but not anywhere near the paint of a shell cracker. Anyway, are you fishing solo this sat? I cant imagine how many boats will be on the water. Probably have to rotate in and out of spots. Good luck and I will see u sat.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Yep, Solo it is. Gonna be tough not being on the water for 15 days and not being able to ask anyone about water color, temp. etc. Just got to go out and catch 30 pounds blind! No problem, Right? :shock:
Fishin' Dave

Post by Fishin' Dave »

Mike, just make sure you use the "right" knot so you don't loose that fine lure on the first cast! I have seen a few swimbaits fly! :lol:
Don't be lame. It's just fishing; you are not the new mesiah you know! Check your attitude at the door Mr. Spinners on da boat trailer.
HookedSolid

Post by HookedSolid »

185vsfrog wrote:Everybody is talking about painting their tripple trouts????????What is wrong with the plain trout pattern? Anybody have any ideas or reasons why painting will make that much difference? I appreciate any advice.
Just to clarify,I don't own any trout patterns.I have a few pointer 128's and other bigger baits with bad paint jobs and was looking for colors specific to the Delta.

I'll go with a few gold shiner,and a few chrome blk/blue back.
Pretty standard stuff.Thanks for the input fellas.

Hey Tracy!Yeah it's me Bro.Can you guess who I'm practicing with from Mon-Wed?;). I'll shoot you an e-mail.Thanks...><>...HS
MartinD

Hey Paul, This is Martin DeHaven

Post by MartinD »

How you been?
Say hi to Denny for me, I saw him in L.A. a while back and he told me you were paintin some baits for him.

Take Care, Martin DeHaven
May the Fish be with you
HookedSolid

Re: Hey Paul, This is Martin DeHaven

Post by HookedSolid »

Small world no?
How you been Martin?
Yes I've been busy painting lately for a bunch of folks.
It's nice to find the time to do it again.

I'll be out there from Sun the 17th 'til Sat 24th,If you get a chance shoot up there sometime.My friend and I are actually looking for a ride on Sun 18th,no off limits for the C0-anglers...><>...HS
Paul