Tournament guys, weigh in ??

biteme

Tournament guys, weigh in ??

Post by biteme »

This coming Sat. I have my first tournament. After you head back from fishing and pull up to the dock do you bag the fish while the boat is still in the water?? I was just watching bassmaster and they had the boat out of the water and were pulling the fish out of the live well. Is this the norm? Thanks guys for the info.
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Re: Tournament guys, weigh in ??

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

that's just for the big show or the last day of the stren/NG. for every other tourney day, you'll bag em w the boat in the water, weigh in and try to move your boat out of the way for the next team to weigh. good luck BTW
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

Biteme which tournament are you fishing this coming Saturday?
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
Trace

Post by Trace »

They are all different. Just ask at check in. Some tournaments at Ladds and Fleming (Pedro) have drive by weigh ins. Most events, you wait with the fish in the live well until you can get a bag, then bag'em and bring them to the scales. Also, some turkey shoots you will weigh them from your live well.
biteme

Post by biteme »

Thanks guys for the info. I guess Ill just play it by ear.
Im fishing Anglers Choice.
MikeD

Post by MikeD »

good luck this weekend, remember to have fun while you are fishing hard - "this is fun dammit!"
"I'll just drop it on their head, and then rip their lips off with a TV hookset..." <i>unnamed angler when discussing how he fishes a jig</i>
semipro

Post by semipro »

Biteme -

I am the Tournament Director for AC Motherlode. If you are fishing at Pedro, you will bag your fish while still in the water. The plan is to weigh in on the Marina dock.

If you are fishing the Gold City tournament at Oroville, Fil Torres (the TD) usually sets up in the upper parking lot and you would pull your boat out of the water and then bag your fish after parking.

Come up and introduce yourself to me or Fil and we will answer any questions you have.
Steve Marino
(209) 918-1639

http://www.ownerhooks.com
http://www.yakimabait.com
http://www.vicious-fishing.com/
Auggie Dog

Post by Auggie Dog »

To all Nutcases,

I am not trying to "rock the boat" here fellow nutcases but I do need to ask the question just to clear something up. :?

If you leave your fish in your livewell and trailer your boat to "drive" it away from the ramp to weigh them in, doesn't DFG consider that transporting fish? We as a local club were told that by DFG so we quit that practice and now weigh in fish at the ramp, no matter how difficult that can prove to be in the Summer months, and then take them offshore to release them after they have been weighed in.

At lakes like Lake Sonoma, where it can be impossible to weigh fish at the public ramp with all of the yahoo's messing with their boats and jetskis, it has become very difficult to weigh fish without having to beach your boat in the rocks to get your fish to the scale. It was much easier to take the fish to the top p-lot to weigh them. The biggest hassle with that is having to get back in the launch line at the ramp to release your fish and how long do you wait for a line of idiots who wait until they are backing the boat in the water to stop and load the icechest, beers, wine coolers, tube, video epuipment, Jimmy Hoffa's body...... and whatever the heck else some of the people load into their boat at the ramp while we have fish dying in the well on a hot day. :x

I tried to go around the line one time a few years back and would try to explain to anyone who felt the need to get in my face about it that I was trying to keep a bunch of fish from dying. Of course one intoxicated gentleman felt the need to question my Mother's heretage as well as inquire about the size and shape of parts of my anatomy that is better suited for the "lounge"so it is a problem at times. :evil: You end up with the decision to choose between dead fish and a few night's in the "grey-bar hotel" for assult on a moron. :twisted:

Does anyone have an answer....well, let me rephrase...does anyone have an intellegent answer?!?!?!? :lol: :roll: :twisted:

Also, I am pretty sure you are supposed to take your fish offshore to release them so does everyone re-launch their boat to release them or just let them go at the water's edge? Please believe me when I say that I am not trying to cause a stir, just get to the truth so maybe we can change it up to make it easier at weigh-in time. :wink:

Auggie Dog 8)
Eat, sleep, fish...I love my Skeeter!
Almost as much as my wife!!! :)
Fast 492

Post by Fast 492 »

hey auggie, the tourney were there is a dfg permit, allow the transporting of fish to the scale area. Most of the tourneys with that type of permit have a release boat waiting at the wiegh in area and the fish must be released a reasonable distance from the launch area. These limits are set by the different districts that run the tourneys from there ramps.
The only sport besides golf that you can only blame yourself !!!

Jason Bubier-Director
NorCal90 Fishing
WildWestBassTrail, CA
530-230-8868
530-589-2601