Fishing Small lakes in Elk Grove and Stockton

LogoPromo

Fishing Small lakes in Elk Grove and Stockton

Post by LogoPromo »

Has anyone ever fished the small lakes in Elk Grove or the lake off March lane in Stockton? If so, any advice you can give me on location, baits for this time of year would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Terry Smith

Re: Fishing Small lakes in Elk Grove and Stockton

Post by Terry Smith »

Get a float tube for the Lakes in Elk Grove use small top water lures early morning and late evening, small spinner baits/ Beatle spins and drop shot/Texas rig 4" to 6" Robo worms in Green weenie, Aarons Magic, MMII should get you started.

Good luck, terry
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
Saechao

Re: Fishing Small lakes in Elk Grove and Stockton

Post by Saechao »

i used to fish the lakes n eg n the creeks...everything he said n frogs beavers n shallow cranks
Blue_R70

March Lane lakes...

Post by Blue_R70 »

LogoPromo wrote:Has anyone ever fished the small lakes in Elk Grove or the lake off March lane in Stockton?
Which of the lakes off March Lane are you asking about? Quail Lakes or the one further west, on the way to Ladd's?

I used to fish Quail Lakes out of a cartopper back when I was a kid in the 80s. Most of the time I used a friend's backyard dock to launch but I also launched out of a small ramp at the El Torito restaurant. There were lots of two to three pounders in that lake. Many of the fish had deformed fins (nubs), which was probably due to all the chemical runoff from backyard lawns...
Bassn45

Re: March Lane lakes...

Post by Bassn45 »

The lakes inside Brookside are like fishing in aquarium, I 've caught largies up to 7 lbs, stripers up to about 10lbs, catfish and crappie. The only thing is you have to catch them, before security catches you. Although I was with a resident, the explination from security was the ponds on the southside of March lane were only accessible to residents whose property was located adjacent to the ponds. Security was always polite but never the less they would ask me to leave. There might be a chance that the ponds on the Northside of March lane are accessible to Brookside residents via the community center. It has been about a year since I have fished in there, so somethings may have changed. Good Luck!