TOW VECHILE QUESTION KN OR AIRRAID FILTERS

GEORGE D.

TOW VECHILE QUESTION KN OR AIRRAID FILTERS

Post by GEORGE D. »

JUST LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE IS USING ANY OF THESE FILTERS I HAVE A O6 TUNDRA SOME PEOPLE SAY THEY ARE GREAT AND SOME SAY THEY ARE NOT ISIT WORTH ITOR NOT THANKS GEORGE
Dewayne

Re: It helped a little on mine

Post by Dewayne »

I put the complete K&N intake system on my F250 w/V10. Saw a slight improvement in both power and mileage. The mileage improvement was from 13.5 MPG to 14.2 MPG highway. They pay for themselves in that you just wash the filter, re-oil, and replace rather than a new filter.
Dewayne
Skeeterman

Re: TOW VECHILE QUESTION KN OR AIRRAID FILTERS

Post by Skeeterman »

Check out AEM Brute Force intake systems theirs no oil to worry about. I had a K & N air system and the oil mest up my sensors.AEMPOWER.COM.
Gator

Post by Gator »

I have the K&N Filtercharger on my 01 F150 - definitely makes a difference.
CW2 Tucker

Post by CW2 Tucker »

I got a K&N on my 06 F-150 with a 4.6 L helps with power and at the pump.

Fish ON!!!
Fish with Friends.
Joe W.

Post by Joe W. »

Skeeterman wrote:Check out AEM Brute Force intake systems theirs no oil to worry about. I had a K & N air system and the oil mest up my sensors.AEMPOWER.COM.
If you put too much oil on it can get into the MAF sensor. I have the K&N FIPK on my 95 Z28 and it made a noticable difference in power. I know it's not a tow vehicle, but it's proof there is a gain to be had.
cleb19

Post by cleb19 »

Go with the MAC air filter system, I have an 03 F-150 Triton V-8 4.6l and it made a huge difference great power and even better gas mileage all intake systems are good and definately worth the money

cleb
Dan McKenzie

Post by Dan McKenzie »

I've used both on two different vehicle. I think the work very good when used in conjuction with a performance exhaust system and a chip set. By themselves you will get a slight improvement in mileage and power. People tend to use way too much oil on them and that may cause a problem, I tend to think not, but anything is possible. If you install or have someone else, make certain everything is tight and has a good seal, this can be a source for foriegn particles to enter if there is a leak. I couldn't tell any real difference between k&n and airaide filters, in fact airaide may use the k&n filter and just re-brand it, but both perform about the same. If not done with an exhaust system or chip, I don't think it's worth the money.