7"senkos?

SethB

7"senkos?

Post by SethB »

How many of you guys like the 7" senkos? sure looks like a good big fish bait. Big beefy profile with that deadly senko wiggle. Just a big profile with no negative cues. Sure seems like you would hear more about guys using them. I bought some a while back to use as a follow up bait for missed swimbait or wakebait fish. I haven't really had a chanch to use them for that application. I have caught some smaller fish texas rigging it but the 5" works fine for that and are cheaper. What is your opinon of this bait?
Take a kid fishing
bass smacker

Re: 7"senkos?

Post by bass smacker »

I use them now and agene. Espesily when I'm looking for a kicker fish on a senko bite. i fish it on a 7'6" heavy fliping stick with 65lb braid.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

I hate them, But the bass love them. I have caught 3 bass over 10# on the green pumkin black flake. I use a split ring to wacky rig them or a 6/0 to texas rig it. I use the 7" instead of sticking nailes in the 6" for a faster sink rate. dinks will still eat it to just as good as the 6 and 5". They seem to hold up a little better. But like I said I hate them and they are worthless, so if you get some buy mistake I will buy them off you for half what you paid. :lol:
LL
Steve Reed

Post by Steve Reed »

Its my best big fish bait, hands down I catch more 5+ fish on a 7" senko..... Swimbaits catch bigger fish but less of them

I will fish a 7" senko and a swimbait all day at clear lake and delta
Monsterfishingtackle.com
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

Save your money .......... I have never cought a fish on a 5" 6" and 7" Senko as of yet........ Senko's don't work :roll:

Now those Berkley 10" Power Worms....... Image
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

[b]Team LL [/b] (2006 ~ And Beyond !! )
David Rogers

Post by David Rogers »

Dan,

Please tell me you are joking about not catching a fish on Senkos.
When fish are suspended under docks in about 2-3 feet at Clear Lake I kill them with the 5 incher, last Auguest I was fishing 4 of my favorite docks and got 1 4 lber, 3 5 lbers and 1 6 lber with in 30 minutes plus about 5 2-3 lbers mixed in, I acturally saw all of these fish eat the bait. All lures & Rod and reel set ups are tools, you just need to know when to use them. Back to the original question, I have only caught a few fish on the 7 inch one but after reading the reply's I will be buying me a bag of my fav color soon.
David 371V Rogers
Sacto John

Post by Sacto John »

From November through May if I am throwing a Senko on the Delta it is most likely a 7 incher. If I am blind casting for bedding fish on any of the lakes in Nor-Cal I am throwing a 7 inch Senko. They are great at enticing the bigger fish to bite and you still catch plenty of keeper(and dinks) on them.
JJCJR

7"senkos?

Post by JJCJR »

What colors do you like to throw at that time D.J.
BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER

Post by BIG DADDY BLUE RANGER »

yes, yes, and yes...... wacky rigged during the spring... been one of my big fish confidence baits for years.
Auggie Dog

Post by Auggie Dog »

Delta Dan,

It looks like you "hooked" another big one.....David R.!!!! :x

I agree with Dan, they don't work at all. I hate em' sooooo much that I am willing to start a 7" Senko recycling program just to help out all you poor souls that spent money on these worthless baits. :evil:
Just send all of your 7" Senkos to me (I will even take any 6" you have just to help clear some room in your tackle area for better baits like the Bill Dance talking jig or the new and improved Banjo Minnow kit!) and I will get rid of them for you on my next trip to Clear Lake free of charge. Unfortunately, due to past "issues" with the I.R.S. I can not give you a tax deductable receipt at this time. Please label all packages "medical supplies" and ship to:

Mendocino Community Mental Institute
c/o Auggie Dog
P.O. box 765
Ukiah, Ca 95482

Better hurry though, I hear Ronco is bringing back the Pocket Fisherman for the holidays so the UPS man will be very busy through Christmas!!! :wink:

Auggie Dog 8)
Eat, sleep, fish...I love my Skeeter!
Almost as much as my wife!!! :)
912nitro

Post by 912nitro »

they dont work.. chunk um.....
on my boat when you pass by
dont work as a wacky rig either... totally useless
Wise men STILL seek Him....
BassManDan

Post by BassManDan »

Hey Seth,
don't know if you have seen them, but you may also consider the "fat" senkos. I know the Tiki Worms company make the Bamboo stick and there is a guy on ebay that routinely has his own knockoff senkos and the "fatzilla" if I am not mistaken.

Just something to check out.

BassManDan
BassManDan - 1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite

"In the spirit of akido, sh-sh-sh-shaaa."
-Dale Gribble from TV's "King of the Hill"

"It would be the best of all possible worlds were it not for religion."
- John Adams, 1776
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Here is a stupid thought. I am famous for those by the way. How about glueing a couple of sinkos together for a fatter profile. Some mend it and 2 sinkos I might never buy another huddleson. Probably wont work for nothin, but I am gunna have to try it. To bad those sinkos dont work. I have never got a bite dartheading a sinko or fishing it like a jerk bait either. And whatever you do dont stick lead in the head wacky rig it, and shake it on a bed and make the a## end dance around. It will really tic off the bass if you do that, and you wil lose your sinko for sure.
LL
David Rogers

Post by David Rogers »

I am going to go with you guys are just joking, you have got to be joking, are you joking?
The reason I think you are joking is because I would say the senko is one of the easiest baits I have ever fished, you can take it to ANY lake or river system and just toss it out there and count to 30 and you will have a fish, you don't have to do anything, in fact if you are not carefull most the time the fish will get the hook stuck to far down it gullet and you might kill the fish. I fished FPT in March 07 and we took 15 out of 122 teams, a team that was new to fishing was getting tips from the pro on Fri before the tourney on how to fish Senko's, they had no idea, after talking to the pro the next day they took I think it was 2nd place out of 122 teams and they had never tossed a senko before.

I don't want to argue with anyone but seeing it believing and 23 lbs is 30 minutes is seeing.
David 371V Rogers
gt5bass

Post by gt5bass »

David,

I think yer chain has been yanked :wink:
[i][color=green]It is what it is[/color] :|[/i]
David Rogers

Post by David Rogers »

Hi Gary,

I had a feeling :shock: :D
David 371V Rogers
Auggie Dog

Post by Auggie Dog »

David.... :lol:

From one David to another......have I ever lied to you?!?!?!??!?! :wink:

Auggie Dog 8)
Eat, sleep, fish...I love my Skeeter!
Almost as much as my wife!!! :)
froteur

Post by froteur »

Auggie Dog wrote:Delta Dan,

It looks like you "hooked" another big one.....David R.!!!! :x

I agree with Dan, they don't work at all. I hate em' sooooo much that I am willing to start a 7" Senko recycling program just to help out all you poor souls that spent money on these worthless baits. :evil:
Just send all of your 7" Senkos to me (I will even take any 6" you have just to help clear some room in your tackle area for better baits like the Bill Dance talking jig or the new and improved Banjo Minnow kit!) and I will get rid of them for you on my next trip to Clear Lake free of charge. Unfortunately, due to past "issues" with the I.R.S. I can not give you a tax deductable receipt at this time. Please label all packages "medical supplies" and ship to:

Mendocino Community Mental Institute
c/o Auggie Dog
P.O. box 765
Ukiah, Ca 95482

Better hurry though, I hear Ronco is bringing back the Pocket Fisherman for the holidays so the UPS man will be very busy through Christmas!!! :wink:

Auggie Dog 8)
problem is ... delta dan is serious. he has NEVER caught a senko fish. :cry:
g-man

Post by g-man »

Dan is telling the truth. i don't know how but its true! Senkos are great baits period!
100% LL
NaCl

Here's a tip...you're on the right track

Post by NaCl »

The 9X Senko in color # 237 is being thrown by a few trophy hunters as a backup for missed strikes on rainbow trout swimbaits. You can make monster long casts with that bait and it will sink pretty fast to 40' deep!

http://www.baits.com/cgi-bin/order/9X-5

http://yamamoto.baits.com/cgi-bin/order ... qgTzpn;;48

.....NaCl
SethB

Re: Here's a tip...you're on the right track

Post by SethB »

Sounds like lots of you guys like 'em. I mean don't like them cough cough. What is the prefered rigging method. I have been useing those monster 7/0 or 9/0 yammamoto hooks for texas rigging. What are you guys using? What sort of hook for wacky riggin'?
Take a kid fishing
DeltaDan

Re: Here's a tip...you're on the right track

Post by DeltaDan »

I do not lie ....... I have been kown to brag about my wife though.

I have had over $250 easily invested in Senkos in just the last year alone ~~ all for Nada !! I don't believe that even my boys have had a Senko fish cought. My oldest son did hook into and lost a MONSTER deadsticking one for over a minuet in Contra Loma this past early summer...... But just a fleeting moment on it's 4 jump out of the water and she spit it out. :x

I finally gave up on them and stuck to learning to pitch Jig's in different sizes, colors and trailors. That is my goto bait now- as well as split-shotting.

5", 6", 7", Special Lamminates - Texas, Wacky, Falcon Hooked ........... Tried it all and all have failed me on every occasion. :cry: :evil:

The boys and I are learning Flippin' now ..... Got my first one this afternoon on a sweet beaver. :wink:
You know, we always called each other goodfellas. Like, you'd say to somebody: "You're gonna like this guy; he's all right. He's a goodfella. He's one of us." You understand? We were goodfellas, wiseguys.

brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Delta dan, take a green pumkin black flake 6" and texas rig it with no weight. Scrape it up and get the salt to the surface. Go to disco bay and throw it between the docks and any shade pockets. Just let it fall. Pull it up and repeat. If you fish more than 3 docks and dont get a fish, I hate to tell you, but here it goes. The Good Lord has abandond you. :lol: Change you name to Job and buy some sandles.
LL
g-man

Post by g-man »

brambo0311 wrote:Delta dan, take a green pumkin black flake 6" and texas rig it with no weight. Scrape it up and get the salt to the surface. Go to disco bay and throw it between the docks and any shade pockets. Just let it fall. Pull it up and repeat. If you fish more than 3 docks and dont get a fish, I hate to tell you, but here it goes. The Good Lord has abandond you. :lol: Change you name to Job and buy some sandles.
haha! lmao! Dan we will go out soon, and I will make sure you get a senko fish brother!
100% LL
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Dan I will get ya some sinko fish to. I was out of oakley on monday at russos and didnt get many sinko fish either. I think those docks on snod grass are to shallow and dont have enough deep water. But the other side on the rocks had a few sinko fish, caught em on jigs to but lost allot of them in the rocks.
LL
David Rogers

Post by David Rogers »

G-man,
That is totally funny!!! :lol: I could not have said it better myself only I would say Clear Lake instead and watermellon any color flake.

If I did not stock up on my favorite color this year I would hit the guys up that do not want them anymore and buy them but I bought enough to last until next summer.

Tip: Wackie rig them with a large drop shot hook when the water is clear no weight. To many small fish to count but about 10 fish over 4 lbs, 5 fish over 5 lbs and one 6 lber all on the senko this year.
David 371V Rogers
froteur

Post by froteur »

dan, dan ,dan,

can't you feel the love? all your fishing brothers are opening their arms to help you catch a senko fish. on the other hand, if you STILL don't catch one, i'm sure they're willing to help relieve you of any of those troublesome baits that you still might have. :D

-perry-
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

froteur wrote:dan, dan ,dan,

can't you feel the love? all your fishing brothers are opening their arms to help you catch a senko fish.

Dayum ~~ This is turning into a Tuff Luv conference !! ........ Been there once before way back in the day... Image

Luke and I did try again for over an hour yesterday afternoon ... At the same time I had Jack swimming a weedless Mission on the outskirts and through the same tullies of where we just pitched and flipped our Senko's in 3-6' of water in a tule bed and other structure.

We played around this tulli patch and island for over an hour with no takers ..... Then went into the bay just South of Indian bay and tried the docks there working from shore and the deeper ends of the docks where the pilings and braces are in the deeper end.

I finally went to the Jig and the Beaver I have set up while Luke kept tossin' the Senko's (both 2 different colors on two different rods -- one Wacky with a weekess hook catch - and the other Texas. Smelly Jelly on both.....

-- Neither one of us cought anything so that is how the ball rolled till we targeted Stripers.

4 keepers and 3 shakers --- keeping one that was gullet hooked with a torn gill on a Rapala DT6 for Striper/Egg/Three Cheese burritos in packaged Taco Seasoning (Thanks BrothA Cooch for the recipe!! Image )

Even got the Wife to fish !! (three hours total fo rthe year on her $42 Liscence........ :roll: )

And the cat got the gizzars after the Filleting..... :wink:

L Dub

Post by L Dub »

Hey DDan,

I'm still waiting to head out with you sometime. Just let me know where you hide your senkos and I'll make sure to umm.... 'take care/ get-them-out-of-your-way' for you!
froteur

Post by froteur »

L Dub wrote:Hey DDan,

I'm still waiting to head out with you sometime. Just let me know where you hide your senkos and I'll make sure to umm.... 'take care/ get-them-out-of-your-way' for you!
u better share the ones you're helping to take care of, dub
Sean Graf

Post by Sean Graf »

That striper looks to be 15"

I googled a sinko and came up with a sinkonator, what is a sinko?
SethB

Post by SethB »

great photos. I love to see kids out on the water catchin' fish. Way to share your passion and a good way to spend some time with the little ones and still get some fishin' in :D .
Take a kid fishing
bruizer343

Post by bruizer343 »

stfu sean, nobody cares what you think.

awesome brother dan.....priceless :D :D
and the lovely wife with a bad throat in all...bonus!!!!!1

striper on the breakfast menu sunday morning, if not tonight....soaking live bluegills as week speak....6 wide....

I feel a midnight-2am Bigun comming...tell that cat I got a surprise for her..............40 sounds bout right. :wink:

hang in there bones.....hang in there.... 8)[/img]
DeltaDan

Post by DeltaDan »

We did have it for breakfast--

Cooked it BrothA Coochies way.....Fillets in oliveoil till flaked apart and ad Lowerry Hot Taco Seasoning and a skosh of water -- then put a twist on it in scrambling eggs till aldente and adding the striper back. Heat up Tortillas and have a family assembly line going of putting togther the Striper/Egg, mixed toghter shreaded Chedar/Pepperjack/ and very tiny cubed Cream Cheese, Avacado, Cilantro and Roasted Garlic Salsa -- Topped with Tapitio and rolled up like BrothA Slipperz wife does it in flour.

No sour cream needed it was so good !! Image

Disected the organs for the boys after fillet and showed them the Organs with them picking them out.......... then feeding to the cat. :lol:

Was hoping for something interesting in it stomach to show the boys- but it was empty.

(Sean- That one 15" Striper made 11 Burritos....... How many trout would you need to buy to make the same ? :idea: :wink: ~~ Love ya too BrtohA !! :lol: )

Joe W.

Post by Joe W. »

I just called DFG on you for keeping undersize fish. Poacher!
whazup

Post by whazup »

Sean Graf wrote:That striper looks to be 15"

Try Senko
g-man

Post by g-man »

whazup wrote:
Sean Graf wrote:That striper looks to be 15"

Try Senko
LMao! learn how to spell Sean!
100% LL